See full video at https://youtu.be/hCEYIFMxAgk  Florida High Court Rejects Lawsuits to Resolve Suspension; Scott Strems, about whom ZIFL has previously reported, a Florida lawyer accused of causing great public harm through a "comprehensive campaign of unprofessional, unethical and fraudulent conduct" in the trials of thousands of insurers has lost its contempt. latest fight to lift his suspension and is now facing a petition for contempt for alleged breaches of the order.
Ladera Ranch, California Self-Storage Management Company Fined for Unlicensed Activity
New SIU Regulations Entry Into October 1
, 2020 – Are You Ready?
The California Department of Insurance (CDI) amended the regulations of the Special Investigation Unit (SIU) to enter into force on October 1, 2020. (10 CCR 2698.30 et seq.). The new rules tighten compliance requirements already in place. Some of the changes include:
- Stronger supervision of entities that insurers contract with – directly or indirectly – to perform SIU and anti-fraud tasks.
- An increased emphasis on using patterns or trends as red flags for fraud; guidelines for disclosing information to the CDI's fraud department;
- Guidelines for the written procedures used by the insurer's SIU;
- Requirement to investigate all credible allegations of fraud;
- Improved requirements up to and when reporting fraud to the CDI's fraud department;
- More detailed and strenuous requirements for the training of insurer staff;
- More detailed resources used by insurers' claims and anti-fraud staff;
- Requires some information in SIU's annual reports;  Allow insurers in holding company systems to refer to SIU information on holding company systems in their SIU annual reports; and
- Provide further details on the completion and solution of the SIU study of CDI.
Health Insurance Fraud
Other Insurance Fraud
Obliged to Saw by Hand for Payment Sentenced to Two Years in Prison
Guilty of Insurance Fraud – Going Prison Directly
Artis Layson of Lucas County Common Pleas, and found that he committed a violation of civic control, insurance fraud and sentenced him to continue serving civic control with additional conditions. I State of Ohio v. Artis Layson, Court of Appeals No. L-19-1204, 2020 Ohio 4336, Court of Appeals of Ohio Sixth Appellate District Lucas County (September 4, 2020) was asked to reverse his conviction.
© 2020 – Barry Zalma
Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE, now limits his practice to working as an insurance consultant specializing in insurance coverage, insurance management, insurance claims and insurance fraud almost equally for insurers and insurers. He also acts as an arbitrator or mediator for insurance-related disputes. He practiced law in California for more than 44 years as an insurance coverage and claims lawyer and more than 52 years in the insurance industry. He is available at http://www.zalma.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Zalma is the first recipient of the first annual Claims Magazine / ACE Legend Award.
For the past 52 years, Barry Zalma has devoted his life to insurance, insurance claims and the need to defeat insurance fraud. He has created the following library of books and other materials to enable insurers and their claims staff to become insured.
Read posts from Barry Zalma on https://parler.com/profile/Zalma / posts
Go to Barry Zalma on YouTube- https://www.youtube.com / channel / UCysiZklEtxZsSF9DfC0Expg / 
Go to the library for insurance claims – https: //zalma.com/blog/insurance-claims-library/   Subscribe to e-mail version of ZIFL, it's free ! –
Read the last two questions by ZIFL here. https://zalma.com/zalmas-insurance-fraud-letter-2/ Px19459009]
Go to the Barry Zalma, Inc. website here https://www.zalma.com/  Listen to my podcast, Zalma on insurance, on:
https://podcasts.google.com/?q=zalma%20on%20insuranceZalma on Insurance –