What are the advantages of working with the same company for most of your career? We’ve heard that job hoppers are some of the most successful people in today’s workforce because of the different opportunities and industry knowledge they’ve gained from each job. However, it may surprise you to know that Erie Insurance offers a huge amount of opportunity for employees.
If you want to grow and develop in your career and industry, you don’t have to constantly look for a new employer to achieve your goals. ERIE prioritizes development opportunities for our employees and offers many resources for employees to challenge themselves and reach beyond their full potential.
Here are six options employees have for personal development at ERIE.
Development Program at Erie Insurance
- ERIE Coaching Network: So much more than a mentor, ERIE̵7;s Coaching Network was designed to help employees achieve their development goals by meeting with a trained coach to chart a new career path, build confidence or help them succeed in a new role.
- Reimbursement for tuition support: Learning never ends, so we encourage our employees to be lifelong learners without the added financial burden.
- ERIE Learning Symposium: We know the importance of learning and growing at work. Each year we host a three-day learning symposium focused on ways we can reach higher in our careers. Employees can attend training sessions focused on insurance topics, business knowledge and soft skills at no additional cost.
- Internal development programs: We have an entire learning and development department focused on helping employees achieve the next level of growth. We offer everything from career discovery courses that take employees back to the basics of interviewing and resume building to leadership courses designed for employees who want to explore their leadership potential.
- Free development resources: We have partnered with multiple vendors to provide our employees with endless educational content, such as webinars, online microlearning resources, and instructor-led training. We also offer benchmark assessments that give employees a baseline to improve based on their chosen development topic. Employees can even take the lead with our “Bite-Sized Learning” series where they can share their expertise in a curated seminar.
- Professional insurance development: ERIE is a large company, and not all jobs are insurance related. If you started in human resources or sales, it is possible to jump into a career as an underwriter. To help employees learn more about the basics, we support various insurance courses and designations such as Associate in General Insurance (AINS).
How does ERIE support my development goals?
It’s not just you who wants to succeed, but we do too. ERIE provides a supportive culture of learning that includes training, resources and opportunities to foster growth and success as an ERIE employee. Curating your career is important to you both professionally and personally. Our leaders know that if they want strategic execution, their teams need the right skills. Often our leaders are the first to help employees take the next step on their career journey.
Come for a job, stay for a career
When it comes to choosing a job, consider changing your perspective to a lifelong career filled with variety and stability where you’re supported by a company that truly cares. Explore career opportunities with ERIE in your field and others.
ERIE® insurance products and services are provided by one or more of the following insurers: Erie Insurance Exchange, Erie Insurance Company, Erie Insurance Property & Casualty Company, Flagship City Insurance Company and Erie Family Life Insurance Company (home office: Erie, Pennsylvania) or Erie Insurance Company of New York (home office: Rochester, New York). The companies within the Erie Insurance Group are not licensed to do business in all states. See the company’s licensing and business information.
The insurance products and rates, if applicable, described in this blog are effective as of July 2022 and are subject to change at any time.
Insurance products are subject to conditions and exclusions not described in this blog. The policy contains the specific details of coverage, terms, conditions and exclusions.
The insurance products and services described in this blog are not offered in all states. ERIE life insurance and annuity products are not available in New York. ERIE Medicare supplement products are not available in the District of Columbia or New York. ERIE long-term care products are not available in the District of Columbia and New York.
Eligibility will be determined at the time of application based on applicable underwriting guidelines and rules in effect at that time.
Your ERIE agent can offer you practical guidance and answer any questions you may have before you buy.