Products such as refrigerators and washing machines can be very expensive to repair. Therefore, it is a brilliant idea to ensure repair work coverage when purchasing these products. Warranties are intended to provide protection and peace of mind for your purchase. Unfortunately, people don̵7;t always read the warranty carefully before buying it. Here are some important things you need to look for in the warranty.
- Does the warranty cover repair or replacement of the item? It is the basic type of coverage provided by a warranty. For example, if your purchase breaks down or needs repairs due to defects in materials or workmanship, you should be covered for those repairs under warranty. Make sure you understand what types of repairs are covered and if there are any limitations.
- Does the warranty cover both labor and parts? Many warranties cover parts and require the consumer to pay for the labor. It can be a considerable out-of-pocket cost.
- How long will the repair be covered by the warranty terms? You don’t want something that breaks after six months and finds that the repairs aren’t covered because it’s gone beyond the time limit specified in the warranty.
- Are there any restrictions on who can carry out repair work and where? This is especially true for car warranties. Many times the repair work can only be carried out at the dealer where the cars were purchased. In addition, the warranty may require that only OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) parts be used. These are usually more expensive than aftermarket parts.
- What are the transferability rules? For example, the warranty is not transferable if you sell or give away your product after purchase. On the other hand, others may be transferable, provided certain conditions are met. In conclusion, you should always check with the customer service department before transferring ownership.
It is smart to carefully read all documents related to a warranty before signing. It is not always easy because of the legality of the documents. Many companies offer class action plans that can help interpret the clauses. Nationwide Prepaid Legal Services has a group legal plan benefit that enables warranty assistance.
Access to lawyers
Countrywide employs a nationwide network of attorneys to assist plan members, including consumer protection and warranty assistance. Our attorneys are familiar with consumer protection laws and can spot any defects in a warranty and alert a legal team member. Our attorneys help resolve warranty disputes without going through Small Claims Court or arbitration. We allow the attorneys to make phone calls on behalf of a plan member and write letters on letterhead to members. Such prepaid legal services end arguments quickly.
Assistance with warranties and consumer protection are not the only prepaid legal services nationwide provide. We have other services that can make life easier for employees. Our class action plan benefits are designed to meet a client’s needs. We explain our capabilities to the prospective client’s management and the decision makers then choose which services should be part of their own benefit. These elections are included in the final plan document, and Countrywide provides administration and superior member services for all legal plan group members.
The guarantee should be kept in a safe place where it can be easily assessed. If a plan member has questions about the warranty, we allow an unlimited number of phone calls to the attorney in the given situation. It is part of the help we provide. If you would like to know more about what we can do for your employees, please contact us as soon as possible. We provide the very best prepaid legal services in the industry.
If you want to know more about Countrywide, you are welcome to contact us at your convenience. We look forward to sharing with you all that we can do for your employees.