You need insurance. We all do. In some cases it is required by law, in others it is required by the unwritten code to be a responsible adult who owns things. So, what is the best way to buy it?
Online or with an agent?
What type of agent ̵
1; independent or prisoner?
Oh, and what does all this mean?
We believe that life is complicated enough; your insurance does not have to be.
What is an Independent Insurance Agent?
An independent insurance agent is a trained and licensed professional who tailors programs to meet the client's specific needs. . They can do this because they work with many insurance companies, rather than just one. They are locally based and run their own local insurance agency.
This may surprise some people, but an independent agent is a small business owner. Agents are not employees of the insurance companies whose products they offer. The insurance agency is often run by a few agents and administrative staff. It is often family owned. Another misconception is that they sell their own insurance products. They do not. Instead, they work on behalf of their customers to get insurance from insurance companies.
Now it is important to point out that every insurance agency you see is not an independent agency. There are also captive / exclusive agencies that work differently.
The main difference is that independent insurance agents offer more choices than captive / exclusive insurance agents. Captured / exclusive agents offer only one insurance company's products. This means that they can only place your insurance with one company. Independent agents, on the other hand, have options. They can place your insurance with one of the several insurance companies they work with to ensure that your unique needs are met.
Summary: Independent insurance agents help you find insurance with one of the many insurance companies they work with at their agency. Other, caught or exclusive insurance agents can help you find insurance with the insurance company they work with at their agency.
So what is the best way to buy insurance? If you ask us, an independent insurance agent!
What are the benefits? Glad you asked.
1. Your local independent Bolder Insurance agency is your one-stop shop for all types of insurance. Because independent agencies, such as Bolder Insurance, offer a variety of insurance products from multiple insurance companies, it is more likely that you can manage all of your insurance needs in one place rather than trying to coordinate with companies across the city. Bolder Insurance offers life, home, car and business insurance. This means that you only need one contact point for all your policies.
2. Local support from someone you know. Many customers share stories that their independent agent is the first on the scene after losing their home to a storm or fire. At Bolder Insurance, our advisors take their job seriously, especially when their clients are experiencing a loss. They know you personally and are ready to help when you need it most. That's why they became insurance advisers – to help people in difficult times.
3. You can have the same contact point even if you want to change insurance provider. Let's say you're interested in changing your insurance. When you have an independent agency like Bolder Insurance, you do not have to go back to the drawing board. Instead, you can call the same agency and they can help coordinate the exchange. This means that you can often stay with the same agency even if you change insurance provider. This way, you can continue working with the agency you have built a relationship with and who knows your needs.
Read: Make the Car Insurance Switch
4. Your bolder insurance advisor knows your community because it is also their community. Bolder insurance advisers live and work in your community, maybe even in your area. This means that they personally understand insurance needs that are specific to your area. This is extremely valuable as the insurance requirements vary from state to state. Your local, bolder advisor can offer you more personal guidance than a 1-800 number or a website can.
5. Expert advice means that you gain confidence and peace of mind. Do you really want an exciting website form and an automated formula that should be what stands between you and financial distress in the event of a claim? With an independent agency like Bolder Insurance, you get expert guidance from their experience. And if you need to file a claim, you will know who to call. Not to mention, if you have questions about your policy, you can call your local Bolder Agency. This beats waiting for how it feels forever to get a simple question answered.
6. You get insurance that suits your needs rather than a policy that suits everyone. When you call or visit a bolder insurance advisor, they will work with you to review several options for your insurance. This allows them to focus on finding a policy that suits your needs rather than tailoring your needs to what an insurance company offers.
7. Working for a local, independent agency such as Bolder Insurance involves supporting a local business. Most independent agencies are owned locally. Many agencies are owned and operated by a family from your community. So when you call the agency to find your policy or ask about a potential claim, you are likely to call a familiar area code rather than a 1-800 number. Bolder Insurance is a locally owned and operated independent agency.
How about all the cheap and easy options I see online?
We should not pretend that there is no alternative to buying insurance online, directly from other insurance companies. Because, yes, there is. They like to tote that insurance can be cheap and easy. They say you can get a quote quickly and get the cheapest coverage.
But let's take a second and ask ourselves if "cheap and easy" is how we want to describe one of the most important financial decisions we make in our adults. life? Gives you cheap and easy trust?
Alternatively, would you find confidence in the fact that a licensed professional who knows your name has your back? The expert you know personally did a thorough review with you when you bought your insurance. They looked over it, they know the companies and add your assets to the company that they know from experience provides the coverage you need.
At Bolder Insurance, we are an independent, locally owned agency. We have a team of licensed advisors who are ready to help you with both your personal and business insurance needs. We welcome you to come and experience "Bolder Difference".
The Bolder Team
Blog provided by one of our insurance partners, car owner insurance