What is a coverage review?
A coverage check is a general check-in with your insurance agent. During the review, you will meet your ERIE agent and share any life changes that may affect your insurance needs. This information will be used to update your current policies and recommend any additional coverage you may want to consider.
A coverage overview is a good opportunity to ask questions and understand what your policies can (and can not) cover. Your ERIE agent can also share examples of real claims they have seen in your local area to help you avoid potentially expensive coverage gaps.
Your agent can schedule a face-to-face meeting or ask you to provide information by phone or email ̵
Of course, you do not have to wait for your agent to book a coverage review. You can also request one yourself! Call, email or text your agent to get in touch.
What information will my agent request during a coverage review?
During a coverage review, your agent wants to know about life changes since you last connected. This may include:
- Personal Information: Make sure your agent has up-to-date information for you and your family. This includes your postal address, telephone number, e-mail address and all members of your household. Be sure to notify them of any name changes due to marriage or divorce, or if you have had a child since you last spoke – this may lead to a change in your policy recipients . Having the right information in the archive ensures that there are no delays in the event of a claim for damages.
- Covered Drivers: When updating your car insurance, your agent must know if there are any changes to the drivers covered. according to your policy. This could be a child who is getting his driver's license or someone who lives with you and uses your vehicle regularly (Related: Am I covered when I lend my car to friends or family? ). If you are considering a new vehicle, your agent can also provide a free quote.
- Updates for the home: Have you upgraded your kitchen transformed your bonus room or closed your basement? Major improvements like these increase the value of your home, which means you may need a higher limit for your homeowner. Without changing your boundaries, you may have a coverage distance that can make you underinsured if you need to reconnect or rebuild your home if the unexpected happens. Ask your agent how Guaranteed Compensation Cost can provide peace of mind.
- New purchases: If you have purchased some new "toys" – such as a boat  off-road vehicle (ATV) or golf cart – you may want a separate insurance policy. Although insurance may not be required for jet skis and off-road vehicles, they still constitute a significant investment that should be protected. The same goes for valuables such as musical instruments or jewelry. Sending a copy of your updated home inventory to your agent will help them determine if you need to purchase personal value insurance .
- Job Changes: Let your agent know if there have been any changes in your employment. For example, if you have retired or are now working from home, the miles you save on your daily commute can lead to a lower level of car insurance. And if you have recently earned a promotion, it may be time to review your life insurance to make sure you have enough coverage – in addition to what your employer can offer .
Can my agent help lower my insurance bill?
Everyone likes to save money, right? Talk to your ERIE agent – they will work with you to ensure you get the best possible price for the coverage you need.
Read more about available insurance discounts from ERIE or check out this list of ways you can save:
- Safe driving discount: If you are a safe driver with a good driving record, you can get a discount on your auto coverage. And in select states, ERIE's free driving safety app, YourTurn ® can help you earn rewards for safe driving *. With YourTurn®, drivers measure criteria such as speed, braking and telephone use to become more aware of their driving habits. As an added benefit, you earn a gift card for safe driving (up to $ 5 or $ 10 every other week). Learn more about YourTurn® .
- Discounts on car safety equipment: You can save on your insurance cover if your car is equipped with safety equipment such as factory-installed airbags, passive restraint 2 anti-theft 3 and anti-lock brakes.
- Discount on several cars: If ERIE insures two or more of your vehicles, you may qualify for a discount. (All vehicles in your household must be owned and used by the drivers we insure on the insurance.)
- Multi-policy discount: A discount is available if you have a qualified life insurance 1 or home policy in addition to your ERIE car insurance.
- Reduced user discount: If you do not use your car for at least 90 consecutive days during the insurance period, you may be entitled to a discount on your car insurance 2 .
- Young drivers: Unmarried drivers under the age of 21 living with their parents may be entitled to further savings on their car insurance 3 .  Annual payment plan: You can save by paying your car premium annually.
- Change your deductible: In general, you can lower your insurance premium by raising your deductible . However, if you prefer to reduce your costs in the event of a claim, our deductible is available for approximately $ 30 more per year with Erie Auto Plus 4 endorsement. Your deductible decreases for each year you have no claim.
Get customized advice from an insurance expert.
At ERIE, we know that each customer's circumstances are different. That is why we never work with a formula that suits everyone. Your ERIE agent listens carefully to you and offers tailor-made solutions for your situation and your budget. Best of all – you get outstanding coverage, great prices and service from the locals who care. To learn more, contact your local ERIE agent or start a free online auto quote .
* YourTurn is not available in all states. As of 03/2021, the program may be available to policyholders in IL, IN, MD, OH, PA, TN, VA, WI and WV.
Ages 16-23 can earn rewards up to $ 10 every other week, ages 24+ can earn rewards up to $ 5 every other week. The rewards are based on the participating driver's points during the points period when driving 50 tracked miles. Indiana participants can earn up to $ 5 every other week. Rewards are distributed via the YourTurn app via electronic gift cards.
Driving Improvement Statistics from Cambridge Mobile Telematics.
The YourTurn app requires participants to be a licensed driver in accordance with the ERIE autopolis policy and have a valid email address, smartphone number and data plan to download and activate the YourTurn app. Users must agree to the terms of the YourTurn® app.
1 All discounts are subject to eligibility criteria and applicable prices and rules at the time of purchase. The actual savings vary. Life insurance with several insurances is not available together with car insurance that already uses ERIE Rate Lock®. Erie Family Life insurance products are not available in New York. For more information, contact your local ERIE agent.
2 Not available in Kentucky
3 Not available in North Carolina
4 Decreasing deductions up to a maximum reduction of $ 500. In New York, comprehensive deductibles can not be reduced to less than $ 50 and collision deductibles cannot be reduced to less than $ 100.