Simply put, pet insurance covers unexpected accidents, illnesses and injuries.
Just like human health insurance, pet medical insurance helps you get the best possible care, no matter what happens. With advanced veterinary care becoming more accessible ̵
Trupanion provides more than traditional animal health insurance
Since 2000, Trupanion has made high quality pet care easier to afford. Our staff includes veterinarians, veterinary technicians and loving pet owners – and we designed our policy with your pet in mind.
Trupanion health insurance for cats and dogs covers new and unexpected:
- New and unexpected accidents and injuries
- hospital costs
- diagnostic tests
- carriages and prostheses medicine
- veterinary supplement
- prescription food (50% of the cost of up to two months of feeding)
We can also cover:
- hereditary conditions (conditions for your pet breed are likely to inherit ), including elbow and hip dysplasia, diabetes, upper respiratory tract infections and thyroid disease
- congenital conditions (conditions developed by your pet before birth), including heart disease, nervous system problems, cataracts and liver disease
is simple: Cats and dogs under the age of 14 living in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Australia are eligible for coverage.
Do you live in Florida? Go here to learn how we do things differently for you.
Extra insurance cover for pets
We also offer optional supplements (called "riders") that go beyond traditional veterinary care. Pet owners can add any of these riders to their core policy at an additional cost:
- Recovery and Complementary Caregiver – To fully support your pet with complementary, non-clinical procedures, including herbal treatment, behavior modification for behavioral issues, rehabilitative therapy and more. Read more
- Breeding Rider – We are the first provider of pet insurance that covers certain health conditions associated with the breeding of dogs and cats. Read more
- Help for pet owners – You deserve extra protection too. Let us help you pay for advertising and rewards for lost pets, boarding fees in the event you become hospitalized, liability insurance for third party property damage, cremation or burial for death due to an accident and cancellation of holiday vacations.
Trupanion policy and existing conditions
Conditions that showed signs during the waiting times or before you registered are considered existing and are not eligible for coverage.
Together with existing conditions we do not cover:
- degree fees and VAT (where applicable)
- spay and neuter procedures
- preventive care (vaccinations , fleas and tick control, chewing, etc.)
Why do we not cover these things? Simply put, we do not think you should pay a middleman for expenses you can budget for. And by focusing on the unexpected, we can keep monthly costs lower for pet owners across the board.
What you get with a Trupanion policy
* We love informed decisions and want to help you make the best choice for your pet. So how do you know if Trupanion is right for you?
When you sign up for a Trupanion policy, you get:
- A simple plan. Forget the confusing gold, silver and bronze plans you see with human insurance. With Trupanion, your pet gets an easy-to-understand plan with extensive coverage that lasts a lifetime. You simply choose your deductible and set up simple monthly payments.
- 90% coverage. Say yes to the best care, no matter how much it costs. Once you have met the deductible, our plan covers 90% of the actual veterinary costs for eligible claims.
- No payout limits. Your pet receives lifetime insurance without a cover.
- Your invoice is paid while you check out. Imagine no longer paying in advance, submitting paper claims and waiting for approval. Let us pay your bill directly to your veterinarian – just pay your share and we will take care of the rest. No other pet insurance company can pay veterinarians directly in less than 5 minutes.
What does pet insurance cover? Learn more about what makes our policy different, or take a look at how Trupanion compares with other pet insurance providers.
Protection you can trust
Our policy has been developed by veterinarians and has been used to protect almost half a million pets. It includes treatments and procedures related to thousands of conditions so that your pet receives the care they need to live a long and happy life.
A fast phone call can save thousands of dollars and give you what matters most: more years with your pet. If you want to know more, call us at 888.626.0932 or get your free quote .
* Terms apply. We love informed decisions. See our policy for complete coverage information.
Trupanion is a registered trademark owned by Trupanion, Inc. Signed in Canada by the Omega General Insurance Company and in the United States by the American Pet Insurance Company, 6100-4th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98108. Visit AmericanPetInsurance.com to review all available pet insurance products.