Vince Perri is a public adjuster who has a YouTube channel, The podcast Claims Game, and has started a training course for public adjusters. Vince recently came to our office in Tampa and interviewed me on a number of current property insurance topics, as you can see in a video, Current state and future of public adaptation.
We talked about a wide range of topics, including:
- The lack of quality and intensive public adjustment training for new public adjusters;
- Florida Public Adjuster Apprenticeship Program;
- Origins of the Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters;
- Completed repair
- Preferred Contractors;
- Insurance Gaps Affecting Public Adjusters and Restoration Contractors;
- How Citizens Property Insurance has become a leader in changing insurance with gaps in coverage and its close relationship with the rest of the insurance industry;
- State Farm Aftermarket Case With Judge Bias;
- New Attorney Fee Statute;
- The lobbying army of the insurance industry;
- The New Paradigm of Public Adaptation in a Managed Repair World;
- The efforts of United Policyholders and others combating the problem of the insurance gap;
- The need for public adaptation leadership to raise the bar for qualifications and training for the public adaptation industry;
- My criticism of the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation and The Insurance Commissioner;
- The need for public adjusters and restoration contractors to participate in local politics;
- The insurance market and the need for insurance companies to be profitable;
- My appointment and work as part of a dream team of attorneys on the Champlain Towers collapse;
- The need to find ways to get insurance coverage paid faster;
- How I started in property insurance law 40 years ago and then started my insurance company in 1985;
- The experiences of having a national property insurance practice;
- Fraud by insurance companies against policyholders and the need for the American Policyholders Association;
- Writing Pay!
- Writing Mavericks & Merlins: Sailors and Renegades leave the coast, how about you? and my experiences with racing sailboats;
- This blog and my personal writing on topics of interest in the property insurance field;
- How educating others makes me a better advocate for policyholders.
Vince Perri has written a book for public adjusters. I purchased the digital and paper editions of his Public Adjuster Handbook. The book is a fundamental discussion of a number of transition and business issues facing public adjusters. Vince Perry’s seminars often go much deeper into the business aspects of public alignment.
I thank Vince for asking me to appear on his show and taking the time to discuss some important topics in the property insurance industry.
Many times the interview does not rely so much on the interviewee, but on the interviewer.
-Ernie Johnson, Jr.