Courtesy of iii.org
Holidays are a time to give and receive gifts, but could you replace those gifts if they were destroyed in a fire or other disaster? A home inventory is the best way to protect your personal belongings, yet only 50 percent of homeowners said they had an inventory in a 2016 Insurance Information Institute (I.I.I.) survey. This is where Know Your Stuff®, the free, award-winning home inventory app, can help.
III's Know Your Stuff® home inventory app lets you enter information on your mobile or desktop and syncs across all your devices so you can access it anywhere, anytime. It can help you:
- Buy enough insurance to replace the items you own, if they are stolen or damaged.
- Get insurance claims settled faster.
- Confirm losses or donations to charity for tax purposes.
- Keep track items that require maintenance or repair.
- Find and Organize Your Home. important for homeowners to protect their assets ", says Loretta Worters, Vice President of III" Tenants should also consider making an inventory in the home. "
To simplify the task of creating an inventory, the Know Your Stuff® app lets you take images of your belongings and organize them by the room where the items are located.
With the Know Your Stuff® Home Inventory app, you get:
- Secure free cloud storage of your inventory data. You can also store and manage all your insurance information, including contact information for your insurance specialist and your insurance numbers.
- Downloadable reports for easy record keeping and claim reporting.
- A tool supported by expertise from III. , a leading independent insurance research and communications organization.
Know Your Stuff® also lets you keep track of multiple properties and insurances. An opt-in service provides integrated weather alerts for your area as well as updates and tips on how to prepare your home for severe weather.