Progressive, which has been selling car insurance since 1937, collaborated with Pets Best 2007 to create Progressive Pet Insurance.
Progressive's pet insurance covers cats and dogs that are at least 7 weeks old (slightly older than the industry standard of 6 weeks).
The company offers three customizable plans. Many providers offer a plan for illnesses and accidents and one for well-being. If your pet is younger, active and unlikely to suffer from a serious illness, you can save money with Progressive's third option, an accident plan.
Progressive also gives 5 percent discount to policyholders who insure multiple pets, making this company an excellent choice for families with many four-legged family members.
The best pet insurance for you will have the right mix of coverage options, premiums, benefits, claims application tools and customer service access. There is a good chance that you can find the right balance with Progressive.
Let's take a closer look.
Basic Facts About Progressive Pet Insurance Plans
- 3 Plans : Accidents Only; BestBenefit Accident + Illness; Wellness Routine Care Plan.  Waiting times: 3 days for accidents; 14 days for illnesses; 6 months for cruciate ligament injuries.
- Deductibles : Range from $ 50 to $ 1,000 per year.
- Compensation levels: Choose between 70%, 80%, 90% compensation for covered procedures.
- Maximum annual benefits: Choose $ 5,000 or unlimited
- Age limit: 7 weeks minimum to register; no maximum age limit.
- Discounts: Multi-pet, military, bundle policy (with Progressives home or car insurance).
- How to buy: Start on Progressive's website or app.
Animal Insurance in Utah | Best Business & Prices https://www.insuranceblogbychris.com/pet-insurance/ut/ Pet Insurance Utah
Pet Insurance in Hawaii | Best Businesses & Prices https://www.insuranceblogbychris.com/pet-insurance/hi/ Pet Insurance Hawaii
Progressive Pet Insurance Coverage Options
Unlike many pet insurance providers that offer two insurance plans that reimburse medical or wellness degree fees, Progressive offers three options.
Customers can opt for insurance coverage for pets for accident and medical care, care only for accidents or health care for dogs or cats of any breed.
Accident and Medical Care
Progressive & # 39 ;s BestBenefit Accident and Illness Plan is the most popular choice. This plan provides comprehensive coverage for all types of pet injuries and illnesses.
Coverage includes small and large diseases from allergies and skin infections to chronic conditions or diseases such as cancer or diabetes.
These guidelines also cover hereditary conditions and congenital conditions. conditions that are both exempt from certain insurance providers. These conditions can include common diseases such as heart disease, glaucoma, kidney disease, epilepsy and hip dysplasia.
This plan also covers treatment for accidental pet injuries, including bone fractures, cracking and unplanned intakes.
Other valuable treatments and services covered by this plan include:
- Emergency care after hours
- Alternative care
- Treatment therapy
- Diagnostic testing, including MRI, CT scans and X-rays
- Hospital stay [19659027Prescriptiondrugs(excludingprescriptionfoods)
- Prostheses and mobility aids
- Special care
- Surgery (excluding cosmetic)
This policy is designed for pet owners with a tight budget. Progressive's accident plans offer the lowest cost option to cover emergency care for your pet after an unexpected accident.
Although these plans do not include sickness coverage, you will receive a fixed monthly fee for cost-effective coverage for all types of accidental injuries, including bite or claw wounds, and broken bones or wound movements caused by being hit by a car or similar traumatic event.
If you get pet insurance just to isolate your wallet from unexpected vet bills, this accident option is worth it. This type of insurance can give you the peace of mind you are looking for.
Progressive health or routine care plans are available as stand-alone insurance or as a supplement to the other two pet insurance Products. These plans cover routine and preventive care, including:
- Annual health checks
- Blood work
- Dental cleaning
- Preventive treatment for fleas, ticks and heartworms
 Details of Progressive Pet Insurance
Like all pet insurance plans, Progressive & # 39 ;s has waiting times, age limits and exceptions. This is exactly how pet insurance works. Here are the details:
Waiting times for treated treatments and procedures apply. Often called a medical exclusion period, a waiting period is the time you have to wait before your new insurance becomes active and starts paying for pet care.
Many insurance providers require a 15-day waiting period before the accident begins, but Progressive's waiting time is only 3 days. Progressive's waiting time for sickness coverage is 14 days, which is relatively standard across the industry, although some companies make you wait as long as 30 days. covers pre-existing conditions or elective, preventive or cosmetic procedures.
As is common with most pet insurance companies now, Progressive lets you choose your own veterinarians rather than requiring you to stay within a network of providers.
To buy a new insurance policy, some insurance providers require pets to be at least eight weeks old, but others insure pets as young as six weeks. Progressive ends up in the middle with insurance available for pets that are seven weeks old.
Progressive is one of the few providers of pet insurance that does not set an upper age limit. You can buy insurance even if your dog or cat is 15 years old. But you may not want to: Policies for older pets will cost much more, and a geriatric pet is much more likely to have an existing condition that would be excluded from your insurance coverage.
Progressive Pet Insurance Costs & Benefit Limits
Animal insurance is very similar to the human equivalent, with some of the same variables affecting the total cost of your insurance. When you buy insurance for your pet, in addition to the type of insurance you buy, six factors significantly affect the price.
- Location: Like other types of insurance, where you live, it can affect the cost of insuring your pet. . Usually, insurance costs are higher in large cities compared to rural communities.
- Animal species : Policies for cats are usually noticeably lower in price than for dogs.
- Animal Breeds: Some cats and dog breeds are predisposed to certain medical conditions based on size of dogs and genetics for both species. Hereditary conditions are especially common in purebred animals, so breeds with a higher potential for future health problems usually affect insurance prices.
- Age of animals: As pets age, disease becomes more likely and older dogs are more likely to suffer an injury. Most pet insurance rates increase as your pet ages, even as you renew existing insurance, and some insurance companies do not insure pets over a certain age. As mentioned above, Progressive has no upper age limit.
- Deductible level: Animal policies have either a deductible annual or a lifetime per incident, which is the amount you must spend out of pocket before the insurance company pays out on claims. Insurance providers offer different deductible levels: the higher your deductible, the lower your insurance cost.
- Reimbursement Level: Once you have met your deductible, your pet insurance company will reimburse you for eligible costs up to the amount of your reimbursement level, which is always expressed as a percentage. Some providers offer a single level, while others offer a range. The higher your compensation rate, the higher the cost of your insurance.
Although you can not change the first four factors, you have some control over the last two. With Progressive's customizable plans, you can adjust coverage to lower premiums. You choose from a wide range of annual deductibles between $ 50 and $ 1,000 and compensation levels from 70 to 90 percent.
Why replace pet insurance companies? Unlike human health insurance, your pet insurance company does not pay your veterinarian directly. Instead, you pay for everything and then apply for compensation.
Is Progressive Pet Insurance Affordable?
Under certain circumstances, a Progressive BestBenefit Accident and Illness Plan can cost as little as $ 1 per day, even with 90 percent reimbursement options. While this is Progressive's most comprehensive policy, consumers with a tight budget should consider accident coverage only.
The minimum monthly premium for a Progressive Pet Insurance is $ 30.06 for dogs and $ 16.52 for cats – quite a bit lower than nationwide averages
According to the North American Pet Health Insurance Association, premiums for dog insurance average 44.66 dollars while cat owners average $ 27.93 a month. Opting for accidents only lowers these averages: $ 15.84 for dogs and $ 12.72 for cats.
When looking at Progressive Pet Insurance, you should also pay attention to benefits or coverage ceilings, which limits the amount of dollars you can claim on your insurance. . It is common for an animal insurance to have an annual coverage ceiling, but some providers have a lifetime limit.
When you reach your annual ceiling, you must wait until next year before making any more claims. Reaching a lifetime limit means that you do not receive any more compensation and your insurance is terminated effectively.
Progressive offers adjustable plan limits with coverage ceilings on Essential and Plus plans at a generous $ 5000 per calendar year and unlimited benefits available on Elite plans.
Progressive Pet Insurance Claims Process & Customer Service
New York-based Pets Best, which is the real provider of Progressive Pet Insurance, has an A + rating with BBB .
They have complaints in the archive, but most complaints come from the payment of claims which, after further investigation, were denied due to standard provisions. The reasons for denials of these claims were either existing conditions or failure to complete the 14-day waiting period for illness coverage. -existing conditions, are not covered by the policy.
All complaints received a very detailed response from Pets Best (Progressive), which explained why the claim was rejected and often encouraged the issuer to contact the company directly for further assistance.
19659003] You can avoid this type of frustration by reading your insurance terms and conditions before purchasing coverage and filing a claim. This is true whether you choose Healthy Paws, Trupanion, Progressive or another company.
Although Progressive does not offer 24/7 customer service, policyholders have several options. Progressive provides a mobile app to pay your bill, view or update your insurance and start the insurance quote process. It also has an online portal for requesting a quote, buying a new insurance policy or submitting a claim.
As part of your Progressive Pet Insurance, you also get free 24-hour access to veterinary experts for answers to all your animal health. -related issues.
Progressive Phone Number and Contact Information
Progressive is a member of the North American Pet Health Insurance Association. Visit Progressive's website to learn more about the customizable plans available that provide affordable pet insurance coverage.
- Website : www.progressive.com/pet-insurance/
- Business Telephone : 855 -347-3939
- Head Office Address : 6300 Wilson Mills Road, Mayfield Village, OH 44143
- Founded in : 1937
* While doing our utmost to keep our site up to date, please be aware of "current" information on this site, such as quotes or relevant information. about business, may only be correct from the last edit date. Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services and its representatives do not provide legal or tax advice. Please contact your own legal or tax advisor.