On the bright side: 10 ways we are (still) here for you during COVID-19
- Customer Dividends / Relief Payments, Sent Directly to You In May: In the wake of pandemic home orders, ERIE distributed approximately $ 200 million in dividends (relief in New York) to our car insurance customers with insurance in effect April 1, 2020. We were surprised and delighted to receive more than 1,400 greeting cards, written letters and handwritten notes in the mail from customers who share their gratitude. Thank you for the appreciation, and know that it is enough reward to light up your day!
- Auto Speed Reductions for Long Lasting Relief: With fewer drivers on the road and to provide long-term, steady and stable relief, ERIE sought to lower car product prices by approximately $ 200 million 1 . Learn more about our interest rate cuts, announced April 9, 2020.
- Everyday value (and extra ways to save): You get what you pay for – and with ERIE, it means affordable car insurance that does not reduce corners on valuable coverage or service. Even better? You have your own local ERIE agent to tailor your policy to suit. Talk to your local agent about how to avoid increases in your car insurance level and see if you qualify for regular insurance rebates 2 .
- Give back to our local communities: As the world began to change, our agents and employees stepped up to thank first responders, healthcare professionals and others at the forefront. To increase their efforts, we made more than $ 2 million available to agents and branches to support their charitable work in local communities. See some of the creative ways our agents gave back to their hometowns.
- Support our employees so they can support you: At ERIE, our employees are our family. While they have been further apart in recent months, they are still finding ways to come together to serve our customers, agents and communities. Our employees have made masks for local non-profit organizations and written letters to seniors. Our workplace restoration team has helped our employees adapt to remote work, help with ergonomics at home and send a care package or two. Our employees even have some work tips from home to share.
- A faster and easier way to get life insurance coverage: September is Life Insurance Awareness Month, an annual effort to help raise awareness of what life insurance is and why it matters. To celebrate, ERIE Family Life introduced ERIExpress Life, which is designed to help customers quickly apply for life insurance without having to get a physical exam. In most cases, you can complete the entire application process by phone, refrain from the paramedical examination and limit personal interactions. Coverage options range from lifetime to lifetime policies ranging from $ 10,000 to $ 500,000 3 . Read more about ERIExpress Life, announced August 2020.
- Coverage for gift card replacement: We all miss the convenience of sitting in our favorite cafe or reading the local shops. Buying gift cards is a great way to support your favorite places, even if they do not work as they used to. Erie Insurance added compensation for gift cards and gift cards to the company's ErieSecure Home® insurances. The additional feature, which is included at no extra cost, would replace customers' remaining balances on local business gift cards (located within 100 miles of the customer's home) purchased within one year of the company's permanent closure. The benefit is available for up to $ 250 per gift card and $ 500 in total, per insurance period. Learn more about our gift card coverage, announced April 16, 2020.
- Extension of identity recovery services to extended family members living elsewhere: Social distance directives result in many people staying in touch virtually, which can lead to increased exposure to IT. crime. ERIE offers identity recovery coverage with all ErieSecure Home® packages and as a supplement to our home protection policy. Until December 2020, we are expanding support services to help recover from a possible identity theft at no extra cost to include our customers' extended family members, including those who do not live with the policyholder. This includes:
- Adult children (26 or older), their spouse and their children
- Parents, including stepparents and legal adoptive parents
- Siblings, including step-siblings and adoptive siblings
- Flexible payment and billing options: While we may be living in uncertain times, you can be sure that ERIE and your local agent are here to help you through it. From updating coverage options, delaying payment dates, adjusting installments, changing salary plans and waiving fines and fees. In addition, certain billing requests, including deferred payments and unpaid cancellations, may also be requested through erieinsurance.com/help or through your ERIE Online account.
- Award-winning financial strength and stability, so you can rest easy: There are many uncertainties in the world right now, but we have weathered some storms during our 95 years in business and do not plan to change course now. We are proud to have received A + (Superior) and A (Excellent) awards from AM Best, a company that analyzes over 16,000 insurance companies worldwide based on their financial stability.
As the seasons begin to change, you can be sure that ERIE is here for you. Whether it is community service, customer service or damages service, it is about doing the right thing. Read more about what makes ERIE different.
1 Interest rate changes varied depending on the government and were based on individually purchased policies and coverage options. Catalog
2 Discounts subject to eligibility criteria and prices and rules that apply at the time of purchase. See individual policies for specific coverage information. Certain terms and conditions may apply.
3 This life insurance offer from Erie Family Life Insurance Company is available to applicants ages 18-55 with insurance amounts up to $ 500,000. All applications must be approved by warranties and certain health conditions may require a fully guaranteed life policy instead. Talk to your ERIE agent for more information. ERIE® life insurance products are not available in New York. Go to erieinsurance.com for business licensing and product information.