Just when it feels like we are adjusting to our "new normal", the basket balls keep coming. Will our children adapt to virtual classrooms? What happens when the sunny weather turns to snow? How long will this continue, anyway?
We understand this: Navigating this pandemic can be exhausting. While we can not fix your wi-fi during an important video call or magically store your local store with paper towels … you can trust ERIE to continue to do what we do best: protect what matters most to you.
Do you need refreshment? Here are some ways ERIE is (still) here for you.
10 reasons to be happy that you're with ERIE during COVID-1
- Customer Dividends / Reliefs, sent directly to you in May: In the wake of pandemic home orders, ERIE distributed approximately $ 200 million in dividends (relief in New York) to our car insurance customers with insurance valid on April 1, 2020. We were surprised and happy to receive more than 1,400 greeting cards, written letters and handwritten notes in the mail from customers who share their gratitude. Thank you for the appreciation and know that it is rewarding enough to light up your day!
- Automatic reductions for long-term relief: With fewer drivers on the road and to provide long-term, steady and stable relief, ERIE tried to reduce the prices of car products by about $ 200 million 1 . Read more about our interest rate cuts, announced April 9, 2020.
- Everyday value (and extra ways to save): You get what you pay for – and with ERIE it means affordable car insurance that does not reduce corners on valuable coverage or service . Even better? You have your own local ERIE agent to tailor your policy to suit. Talk to your local agent about how to avoid increases in your car insurance level and see if you qualify for regular insurance rebates 2 .
- Give back to our local communities: As the world began to change, our agents and employees stepped up to thank first responders, healthcare professionals and others at the forefront. To increase their efforts, we made more than $ 2 million available to agents and branches to support their charitable work in local communities. See some of the creative ways our agents gave back to their hometowns.
- Support our employees so that they can support you: At ERIE, our employees are our family. While they have been further apart in recent months, they are still finding ways to come together to serve our customers, agents and communities. Our employees have made masks for local non-profit organizations and written letters to seniors. Our workplace restoration team has helped our employees adapt to teleworking, help with home ergonomics and send a care package or two. Our employees even have some tips on how to work from home to share. is and why it matters. To celebrate, ERIE Family Life introduced ERIExpress Life, which is designed to help customers quickly apply for life insurance without having to get a physical examination. In most cases, you can complete the entire application process by phone, refrain from the paramedical examination and limit personal interactions. Coverage options range from term to full life policy, ranging from $ 10,000 to $ 500,000 3 . Learn more about ERIExpress Life, announced August 2020.
- Gift Card Refund Coverage: We all miss the convenience of sitting in our favorite cafe or reading the local shops. Buying gift cards is a great way to support your favorite places, even if they do not work as they used to. Erie Insurance added reimbursement coverage for gift cards and gift cards in the company's ErieSecure Home® insurances. The additional feature, which is included at no extra cost, would replace customers' remaining balances on local business gift cards (located within 100 miles of the customer's home) purchased within one year of the company's permanent closure. The benefit is available for up to $ 250 per gift card and $ 500 in total, per insurance period. Learn more about our gift card coverage, announced April 16, 2020.
- Extension of identity recovery services to extended family members living elsewhere: Social distance directives lead to many people remaining virtually connected, which can lead to increased exposure to cybercrime . . ERIE offers identity recovery coverage with all ErieSecure Home® packages and as a supplement to our home protection policy. Until December 2020, we are expanding support services to help recover from a possible identity theft at no extra cost to include our customers' family members, including those who do not live with the policyholder. This includes:
- Adult children (26 or older), their spouse and children
- Parents, including stepparents and legal adoptive parents
- Siblings, including step-siblings and adoptive siblings
- Flexible Payment and Billing Options: Although we may be living in uncertain times, you can be assured that ERIE and your local agent are here to help you through it. From updating coverage options, delaying payment dates, adjusting installments, changing salary plans and waiving fines and fees. In addition, certain billing requests, including deferred payments and unpaid cancellations, may also be requested through erieinsurance.com/help or through your ERIE Online account.
- Award-winning financial strength and stability, so you can rest easy: There are many uncertainties in the world right now, but we have weathered some storms during our 95 years in business and do not plan to change course now. We are proud to have received A + (Superior) and A (Excellent) awards from AM Best, a company that analyzes over 16,000 insurance companies worldwide based on their financial stability.
As the seasons begin to change, you can be sure that ERIE is here for you. Whether it is community service, customer service or compensation service, it is about doing the right thing. Learn more about what makes ERIE different.
1 Price changes varied depending on the state and were based on individually purchased policies and coverage options.
2 Discounts depending on eligibility criteria and prices and rules apply at the time of purchase. See individual policies for specific coverage information. Certain terms and conditions may apply.
3 This life insurance offer from Erie Family Life Insurance Company is available to applicants ages 18-55 with insurance amounts up to $ 500,000. All applications must be approved by warranties and certain health conditions may require a fully guaranteed life policy instead. Talk to your ERIE agent for more information. ERIE® life insurance products are not available in New York. Go to erieinsurance.com for business licenses and product information.