Did you know that the summer months are very popular for burglary? Yup, that's right, summer time is the most popular time of the month for robbery along with home and car burglary. Why? Think about it … what time of year are the kids in school and 95% of us are on vacation? Summertime!
In fact, Fridays are the most popular days for burglary according to new insurance data. In addition, the month of August experiences the largest number of thefts in the home during the entire calendar year. So before you embark on the open road on your next vacation trip, there are a few things you may want to consider to protect your home.
So how can you prevent a burglary?
Now when it comes to Fridays and your CT homeowners insurance, let's take another look. In this scenario, you work all week and have fun plans for the weekend in the form of a trip to a boathouse up in Vermont. When are you going on this trip? Chances are good that it will be on Friday afternoon, perhaps after taking half a day and leaving the office early. Unfortunately, these burglars are aware of this and more often choose the initial time frame to break in.
Here are some tips we have found to protect your house from outside .
- Walk around the outside of your home and look for any weaknesses.
- Keep your grills, cars, bicycles and tools in the garage or locked securely.
- Keep your curtains closed in all windows.
- Install motion sensor lighting around your home.
- Get to know your neighbors.
- Secure all vehicles you leave.
Here are some tips we have found to protect your house from inside .
Here are some tips we have found to protect your house when you are on vacation .
- Triple check that all your doors and windows are locked before you leave.
- Talk to a trusted neighbor to guard your house.
- Put timers on your lights.
- Lock your garage door and disconnect the automatic door if you have one.
- Do not advertise your trip on social media.
While we want you to enjoy your summer and the relaxation that comes with it, we also want to ensure that your CT home is protected. We hope these tips help you protect your home and valuables and prevent unwanted intruders from endangering your property and your home! If you have any questions about your coverage in your home or if you are new to Paradiso Insurance and would like a non-existent quote, please contact the office at 860-684-5270 or click here to send us a message. Our licensed agents are there to help you with all your insurance needs.