Owners of classic cars know the value of collector car insurance. But what if your vintage vehicle is anything other than a car? Collector & # 39 ;s insurance is also available to owners of antique motorcycles, boats and motorhomes.
Collector & # 39 ;s Motorcycle Insurance
Classic motorcycles are a passion of many collectors. You may want to consider collector bike insurance if you own vintage or antique bikes such as:
- Triumph Bonneville
- Harley Davidson FLH
- Yamaha RD350 BSA Lightning
- Harley Davidson Sportster
- Honda CB350 Ariel Square 4 [19659Commando
- BMW R69 Cushman Pierce Four
- Vincent Black Shadow
- Café Racers Indian Chief
This cover can not only protect your classic motorcycle but also your tools and implements. If you own more than one classic bike, you can save money on premiums by buying coverage for everyone under insurance. To qualify for classic motorcycle insurance, you must meet specific requirements, which may include the following:
- Minimum age requirements for owners
- The bike is stored in a garage
- The minimum value for the bike
- The motorcycle is over a certain age [1
If you own an old boat, you can qualify for collector boat insurance. Coverage is available for many types of older vessels, including:
- Classic wooden boats
- Collectible fiberglass boats, such as runbouts from the 1950s and 60s
- Tools with large, open interiors
- Cruisers with closed cabins, with cover depending on an off-water survey and condition
- Sailboats, including shawl, sloop, catboat, gaff rig and cutter
- Starts, with open configuration and seating for several passengers
If you restore a classic boat, there is restoration coverage to provide protection against theft, vandalism or fire. Insurance for operation in water can be added when your restoration is complete.
Vintage RV Insurance
Classic motorhomes increase in value in the same way as antique cars. If you own a completely restored, old RV, the value on the open market today can be three times its original purchase price. Unfortunately, there are no official guidebooks available to determine the value of vintage motorhomes as for antique cars. If a motorhome is more than 20 years old, it will not be listed in the Kelly Blue Book or the NADA guides. The quality of the restoration can also vary considerably.
To get the coverage you need to protect your classic RV investment:
- Get a certified appraisal that reflects the true value of the vehicle. Our agent can refer you to a specialist who is qualified to determine the true market value of a restored antique motorhome.
- Find an insurance company that writes classic RV insurance. Not all insurance companies do this. Our agent can help you get the best possible quote.
- Purchase an agreed value RV insurance, based on your assessment, as opposed to a fair cash value policy.
Working with an experienced agent
If you need collector's insurance for a motorcycle, boat or motorhome, our knowledgeable agent will be happy to help. We can help you find the best available cover prices you need to protect your investment in your antique vehicle.