What is the most important information that yacht insurance providers, insurers or brokers near me need from a potential policyholder to be able to provide a reasonable quote for sail insurance? And why do they need this detailed information from me to calculate what my boat insurance premium should be?
When you get a boat insurance in the UK or USA for either a boat that you already own or one that you plan to buy, you must have the following information at hand:
- All your personal information and contact information such as first and last name, age, gender, address, e-mail address, occupation, telephone number, etc.
- Complete details of persons responsible for the boat including experience, previously owned boats, sailing qualifications and any claims. Be as honest as possible. The more experienced you are, the lower your boat insurance premium will be.
- Details of the boat including model, value, age, etc. The newer and more expensive your boat model is, the higher your premium.
- Engine manufacturer, horsepower, maximum designed speed and type of fuel.
- Details of use ̵
- Value to be insured. This should be market value or price paid.
- Details of the mooring and location and planned cruise within the first year of insurance.
- And finally the date when you want the boat insurance to start.
You can always compare quote insurance on boats online if your instinct says that your insurer or insurer is tearing you apart.
It is very easy to compare quote insurance from your home once you have been able to provide this information above. It is always cheaper to get both standard insurance and liability insurance from a leading yacht insurance provider because of the many, delicious discounts they offer policyholders.
While the standard coverage takes care of loss and damage to your insured property. caused, liability insurance coverage is responsible for the financial and legal cost that your cruise ship caused to passengers and other boats.
When you request a quote for your superyacht from an agent, they will ask you basic questions that you already know the answers to so that they can help you get the cheapest insurance for your boat. This information needed to get the cheapest boat insurance rates can best be divided into three: personal information, sailing history and more background.
Where to get the best boat insurance rates is not a problem if you can gather the information we listed above.