Paper has a way of stacking up, so why not try paperless?
For most Erie Insurance customers *, your online account and ERIE mobile app can help you turn green and reduce your carbon footprint. Now there is another option at hand: paperless invoicing. Here's how (and why!) You can sign up.
Why make the switch?
In 2019, the US Postal Service delivered more than 142 billion letters . That equates to more than 34 million trees (and let's not even get into gallons of gas burned to deliver).
As an ERIE customer, you can choose paperless invoicing, which eliminates the paper invoice you currently receive. You will receive an email when your invoice expires with a link to the actual invoice.
Say goodbye to stacks of paper on the desk. There are many benefits to making your paper invoices digital.
- It helps the environment. Fewer paper statements reduce demand for trees and lower air pollution during papermaking.
- Access your information anytime, anywhere. Paperless means you can check your invoices at your desk or on vacation. A quick click and you can see your invoice history and pay your invoice.
- It's a time saver. No more sorting, printing, recycling, mailing or archiving of your insurance bill. It is easy to document things digitally.
- You can conquer the mess. Whether you have a premium archive system or a shoebox filled with essential documents, paperless can free up some space.
How to register for paperless invoicing with ERIE
Via your online account or ERIE's mobile app, go to Settings and activate the new paperless invoicing option.
Don't have an online account? No problem; it is easy to register. Your online account provides instant access to information about your ERIE policy. In addition, you can pay your bill, access your insurance ID card (not available in New York), check your claim status and contact your ERIE agent.
How do I get notified of my invoice?
Check your email. ERIE sends a message to the email address associated with your online account. The email contains a link to your invoice.
Go paperless with ERIE
Not ready to go paperless? Do not worry! We do not remove paper completely. But if you need another way to go green, make sure you set up your online account or download the ERIE mobile app to start digitizing your paper bills.
If you have questions about paperless invoicing, check with your local ERIE agent.
* Commercial, ERIE family, annuity or disability income policies, account billing policies and insurance paid through ESCROW are not available for paperless invoicing.