If you have suffered a loss of property and believe that you have been asked by a delay, a denial and a poorly treating insurance company, you have the right to file a complaint with your insurance commissioner.
The Kentucky Department of Insurance regulates the Commonwealth insurance market, licensees and other insurance personnel, monitors corporate financial conditions, educates consumers to make wise choices, and ensures that Kentuckians are treated fairly in the market. 1
Its mission is to promote a healthy and competitive insurance market protecting the public through effective enforcement and regulations 2
Kentucky Department of Insurance, Division of Consumer Protection, examines consumer complaints by a consumer or their representative who has difficulty in resolving a situation with an insurance company, agent or regulator.
Submitting an advertising complaint is a simple process. Just click on this link to fill out a form online:
For those who prefer to email or fax your complaint, please click on the following link to a form that you can print and complete:
The institution also provides the following tips for filing an effective complaint against your insurance company :
Your written complaint must include:
• Your name, address and telephone number for the best daytime. (Please fill in your street address if your address is a mailbox.)
• Type of insurance concerned ( ie homeowner, health, car, life).
• The company and / or agent involved in your complaint.
• Your policy, claim, ID or group number (include all applicable). If your complaint is related to health insurance, enclose a copy of both sides of your health plan.
• A detailed summary of your complaint, including copies of any related documents. (Please do not send original.)
The department sends a copy of the complaint to the insurance company and the insurance company must respond to the complaint within 15 calendar days.
If you have any questions about the complaint process, please contact the Kentucky Department of Insurance at 800-595-6053 (Option 1) (KY only) or 502-564-6034, or reach out to a qualified insurance staff.
1 http://insurance.ky.gov/static_info.aspx?static_id=1  2 http://insurance.ky.gov/