Power outages can be frustrating and can disrupt your workflow, disrupt business processes, and leave you stranded. This is why it is advisable to get a backup source for your home. Power generators are a perfect alternative for home use and in this guide we have the information needed to buy a power generator that suits your needs.
Types of Power Generators
Power generators are often categorized as inverters, standby, and portable generators. These generators are unique in their performance and you should get one based on your specific needs.
● Inverter generators are best used for light appliances and should be used if you only need to operate a few things during a power failure.
● Standby generators are heavy machines that can be used to completely replace the main source. Standby generators are useful in places that can not afford to lose power such as hospitals or health centers.
● Portable generators are often considered an intermediate option. They can operate medium-sized appliances such as refrigerators and TVs.
How to choose the right power generator
There are various factors to consider when choosing a power generator. These factors influence your choices and help you determine ideal generators for home use.
● Size of home: Square meters and number of floors in your home will determine the type of generator you should buy.
● Type of generator Home: (Mobile or apartment): For motorhomes, a portable generator is possible for short / rare interruptions and a stand-by generator for more frequent interruptions. But if you live in an apartment, solar-powered generators will be safer than gas-powered generators.
● Generator capacity: The generator capacity is determined by the number and type of appliances that will be connected to that generator when the power goes out.
● Automation: A generator's ability to kick in immediately after an outage is key, especially in an emergency when it is not safe for you to go out and turn on manually
● Duration of power outages: An area with frequent power outages need a generator that can run for several days without having to be maintained. It should also be able to operate heavy appliances during this period.
These are some of the factors that can help you decide what type of generator to buy. Following this guide when buying a home generator will help you buy one that will do you good.
Why should professionals install your power generator
A generator that will power your entire house should be installed by a professional. This is because installations require expertise and installing it yourself can lead to a serious electrical fire. This is why you must have relevant home insurance to protect you from accidents and debts that can arise as a result of faulty electrical connections.
Do you need help finding the right insurance for your needs? Visit Abbate Insurance for your insurance in New Haven and neighboring cities of Connecticut!