Being unable to meet customers face to face means it's time to focus again – on virtual sales functions.
You might be wondering how you can increase sales directly to consumers if you can't meet customers face to face. But it turns out that customers sometimes prefer digital channels. Although the North American insurance industry has generally been hit hard by COVID-19, companies with strong digital capacity are in a good position to gain market shares b y that sell directly to consumers – in the distance.
Knowing that customers prefer to buy certain insurance products online should give operators confidence to invest more in virtual sales . Digital distribution can really help them expand their reach as well as meet customer expectations.
Leading insurance companies are already transitioning to a virtual sales strategy. They use data-driven techniques as segmentation, propensity – to – buy models and an assessment of the company's resilience focus on companies and focus their marketing and sales efforts. They create highly personalized marketing messages to connect with consumers and entrepreneurs on digital channels. And the a re better integrate ing digital channels with contact center, so that customers can enjoy a seamless sales experience.
If you want to join other leading insurance companies by growing your direct-to-consumer sales at a distance, I suggest the following steps:
- Customize your marketing messages to encourage customers to connect with you and buy products online . During a downturn in the economy, people's perception of value changes, so think about how you position your products and services.
- Refocus the marketing spend on both earned and paid media. People spend more time online, so social and paid media offer higher conversion rates to a lower cost.
- Provide virtual guidance to your team and customers to help close sales. Use digital chat and AI-driven recommendations to guide consumers to complete sales.
- Enhance the visibility of your brand within virtual communities. Let customers connect with your company and other customers so that they can share their highest minds.
- Create more moves with digital warnings and recommendations. In the current economy, it is important to ever grow your existing customer base. The more value you provide to customers, the more likely they are to keep you.
- Enable virtual access to product information . A and develop more openness to create trust. This is especially important in sales cycles, which usually involve multiple interactions, such as life insurance.
To learn more about the human and business effects of COVID-19, please see our insurance company website . Or, if you are interested in growing your sales directly to consumers, reach me directly .