Inadequate fall protection remained the most frequently cited occupational safety offense during the 2020 fiscal year, according to research published Monday by the National Safety Council.
Itasca, Illinois-based council released its top 10 most common work environment. Administrative violations, with fall protection topping the list for the 10th year in a row, followed by hazardous communications and respiratory protection.
Although hazardous communications were also the number 2 most cited OSHA violation during the 2019 financial year, respiratory protection moved up two points from No. 5, possibly due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Here is the complete top 10 list of OSHA violations for the financial year ended 30 September 2020:
- Fall protection ̵
- Respiratory protection: 2649 violations
- Scaffolding: 2538 violations
- Ladders: 2,129 violations
- Loc kout / tagout: 2065 violations
- Operated industrial trucks: 1,932 violations
- Fall protection – training requirements: 1,621 violations
- Personal protective equipment and equipment and face protection: 1,369 violations
- Machine protection: 1,331 violations.