Your support will ensure that Zalma on Insurance & ClaimSchool, Inc. can continue to be produced with the quality you expected, but also to grow, expand and develop. You will support the ideas and values you believe in, and directly support the Zalma on Insurance team and the flexibility to navigate the future as the digital landscape changes.
Subscribe to the Excellence in Claims Handling program at zalmaoninurance.locals.com. and receive the videos that are limited to subscribers of Excellence in Claims Handling at locals.com by clicking on the following link https://zalmaoninsurance.locals.com/subscribe. Subscribe to become a supporter. Get access to all content and interact with Barry Zalma, Esq., CFE and Zalma on Insurance Community.
Watch the introductory video at https://youtu.be/kLSSBG7kZy0 and at https://rumble.com/vrhaka-excellence-in-claims-handling.html
There are currently six videos uploaded with hundreds to come.
Insurance is a company. It must change if it is to survive. It must reconsider the dismissal of experienced claimants and reductions in training to save “costs”.
Excellent in damage management
Excellent claims management is a program that can help insurers avoid accusations of bad faith in both first and third party claims.
An insurer must understand that it can not satisfactorily fulfill the promises it makes to the insured and the Fair Claims Practices Act that exists in almost every state, when dealing with claims for damages that are not distinctive in claims management. An insurer must work intelligently and vigorously to create a professional claims department.
A proposal to create injury professionals
To avoid allegations of bad faith; to avoid punitive damages; to avoid losses; and in order to make a profit, the insurance companies must have claims personnel who are dedicated to excellence in claims management. This means that they will ensure that all the promises made in each policy are fulfilled by:
- Insurers who only hire professional insurance claims.
- Insurers who train claims personnel to become professionals in insurance claims.
- Insurers who require claims personnel to treat all insured persons in good faith and fairly.
- Insurers that require cutting-edge expertise in claims management by claims personnel.
- Over the past 25 years, the insurance industry has decimated the number of insurance partners that insurers can employ.
- If there are any experienced professionals within the insurance company, the insurer must nurture and nurture them. If no one is available, the insurer has no choice but to train its employees.
- Those who treat all insured and injured parties with good faith and fair handling and provide excellent claims handling must be honored with increased income and benefits.
- The insurer must immediately eliminate those who do not provide excellence in claims handling from claims personnel.
What resources are available for education?
An excellent claims management program can include a series of web-based lectures supported by text materials such as my indemnity books available on amazon.com and through the insurance claims library on my website at https://www.zalma.com.
The web lectures will be supplemented with meetings between supervisors and claims staff on a regular basis to reinforce the information learned in the lectures.
In addition, the insurer must set up a regular program for reviewing claims to determine compliance with the substances studied. There is no quick and easy solution. The training takes time. Learning takes longer. The insurer’s management must support and strengthen the training regularly.
If you want your claimant to provide excellence in claims management, you and your claimants can subscribe to the Excellence in Claims Handling program at zalmaoninurance.locals.com. and receive the videos that are limited to subscribers of Excellence in Claims Handling at locals.com by clicking on the following link https://zalmaoninsurance.locals.com/subscribe.