Elephant Insurance is a direct supplier of car dealerships headquartered in Richmond, Virginia in 2009. It is part of Admiral Group plc, a leading car insurance company based in the UK with over 6 million customers worldwide.
Elephant is known for car insurance in the United States, but also offers homeowners, renters, apartments, motorcycles, life and umbrella insurance products.
To purchase car insurance from Elephant Insurance, you must live in the following states: Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. You can buy Elephant insurance online or by phone.
When researching car insurance companies and comparing prices, it is important to review a company's financial rating. The better the financial strength, the easier it is for you to get your claims paid on time and in full.
Elephant Insurance has an A + rating from the Better Business Bureau, which is the highest rating it offers. Neither Elephant nor its parent company Admiral Group has ratings with AM Best, Moody & # 39 ;s or Standard & Poor & # 39; s. Elephant is also not rated in any of J.D. The power studies.
The lack of ratings is disappointing and does not provide the best picture for the most important part of owning car insurance ̵
Elephant Auto Insurance Company Overview
Elephant Insurance is a consumer focused direct insurance company, giving customers access to all the information they need to make the best decision.
Elephant Auto was founded in 2009 and is a subsidiary of Admiral Group plc, a Financial Times Stock Exchange 100 company and one of the leading car insurance companies with over 6 million drivers .
Is Elephant Car Insurance Company financially stable?
Many consumers forget to consider how a company's financial strength and stability affect its ability to pay existing and new claims.
However, it is an important part of a car insurer's reliability. Otherwise, it is not known whether an insurance company has the ability to pay its outstanding obligations.
The Insurance Information Institute provides important information on how to investigate Elephant Auto insurance reviews from five independent companies.
A.M. Best does not rate Elephant Auto Insurance or its parent in the Admiral Group.
However, Moody's Investors Services gives Elephant (via Admiral Group) an A1 with a stable ranking. It is also possible to obtain information on financial reports from the NAIC website so that an independent third party can review them for stability.
Be sure to be careful with your closest competitors and the best insurance companies in your market to get the best insurance for your vehicle.
What does Elephant Auto Insurance cover?
To find out how much car insurance costs, consumers should take the time to understand the different types of possible coverage that Elephant Auto offers:
- Collector Car Insurance: Collector car insurance is protection for vehicles used in car shows, selective afternoon trips and other special events. It is definitely not intended for your primary vehicle. Limited edition antique vehicles, exotic vehicles or military classes can all be classified as collector cars.
- Emergency road service coverage: This protection is for problems that are not usually covered by your car insurance, e.g. dead battery, towing not related to an accident, locked out of the car, a small tire and out of gas.
- Coverage for medical payments: This optional coverage pays for medical expenses related to a car accident. It is subject to the terms, limits and terms of your policy.
- Liability for bodily injury: This pays for personal injuries and deaths that may occur due to an accident caused by you or another person driving your car.
- Liability for damage to property: This coverage compensates others for damage to another vehicle or property, such as auxiliary poles or fences in a fault accident.
- Collision: This optional cover pays for damage to your car due to a collision with another vehicle or object in an accident you cause. Collision policy also protects you from injuries caused by driving accidents that are not accident-related, such as damage to potholes.
- Comprehensive: This policy option deals with theft and damage due to a non-collision event, including most natural hazards.
How to make a claim
When you sign up for a policy with an Elephant Auto representative, you may not trade with the company again for weeks or months, until you face a significant life change. , such as having to add another driver, new car, additional car or teen driver to your policy, or you can call or email the company regarding temporary billing issues.
Otherwise, most drivers will not talk to an elephant representative. unless they have to claim. We therefore found that Elephant Auto insurance reviews place great emphasis on how the insurer handles customers and their claims.
Market research companies such as JD Power rank insurance companies based on many factors, including three key indicators used by most credit companies that evaluate the claims process. These KPIs are communication, simple service interaction and timeliness of responses.
Although Elephant Auto is not included in the JD Powers rating, consumers who research the company should consider these elements and try to analyze this information when reading reviews.
Elephant Auto Insurance makes it easy to claim online 24/7. You can choose to make an application for only glass or any other requirement. Once you have entered the details of the accident, you can track the damages when possible by logging in to your online account.
To submit a claim by telephone, you can call 844-937-5353 between 08.00 and 20.00. Monday through Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST. If you need to talk to a representative about an existing claim, hours are only available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Elephant Auto Insurance Customer Reviews
Elephant Auto Insurance customer reviews are available on Yelp and through the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
The BBB profile shows that Elephant Insurance is accredited by the organization and the company received an A + from consumers, based on 123 reviews placed. in the last 3 years. Yelp shows some enthusiasm for the company due to 67 complaints filed since 2015.
Surprisingly, Consumers Advocate Elephant Insurance gives 4.5 out of 5 stars after 16 customer reviews, although the site notes the lack of financial ratings and high complaints rate does. will not be recommended. Reading the reviews gives a different picture than the high star rating makes you believe in the car insurer.
Overall Customer Satisfaction Review for Elephants
When drivers are looking for a new car insurance company, one of the things they should keep in mind is how satisfied current customers are with their coverage.
Every interaction that the company has with its customers affects the overall customer satisfaction rating, either online, in person and direct mail contacts.
How Elephant handles complaints largely determines how the customer views the company and ultimately whether they are willing to recommend the insurer to a friend or family member.
In the JD Power shopping study, Elephant Auto insurance ratings are not available, but many other companies are ranked for their performance in these categories: insurance quotes, price, billing process, interaction and claims.
National Association of Insurance Com assignments show a very high complaint rate of 2.79 based on an average of 1, with 55 complaints filed against Elephant Auto (NAIC # 13688) 2017.
How much does Elephant Auto Insurance cost?
All car insurance prices depend on several factors such as the driver's age, gender, driving history, geographical location and the car's make and model.
It may be helpful to look at different driver scenarios, if only for comparison purposes, and to get a better idea of what your car insurance level might look like.
The Maryland Insurance Administration has created a guide that allows drivers to compare insurance policies for multiple companies based on scenarios.
- Scenario One : Young single man, 23 years old, rents an apartment, drives a Honda CR-V 2009 and drives 15,000 miles annually without accidents or violations for the past three years, no credit history (if applicable) , no companion policy discount and full coverage  Scenario o Two : Young single woman, 23 years old, rents an apartment, drives a Jeep Liberty Limited 2009 and drives 15,000 miles annually, with a speeding ticket 19 months ago to travel 100 miles over the speed limit, no credit history (if applicable), and no companion rebate
For scenario one, Elephant insurance charges an annual premium of $ 2,829 in Allegany County, while GEICO costs $ 992. The highest premium for this scenario is by Foremost Insurance Co. at $ 5,753, while the lowest is by Meridian Security Insurance Co. at $ 891.
In Allegany County, Elephant Insurance takes out an annual premium of $ 3,738 for scenario two. The highest premium for this scenario is by National General Assurance Co. to $ 5,546, while the lowest is by GEICO at $ 1,116. Elephant insurance is considered a non-standard company, which means that prices are most competitive with drivers who have problems finding insurance with other car companies. High-risk drivers with tickets and accidents, young teenagers and those with bad credit can find competitive prices with Elephant compared to regular car insurance companies such as Allstate, Farmers, State Farm and Erie.
How to cancel elephant insurance?  According to the Elephant website, if you want to cancel your car insurance, call them directly at 877-321-2095. An agent answers the call to process your cancellation. Be aware that some online reviews mention difficulty in canceling and that there may be fees to cancel before the semester is over.
How do I contact elephant insurance?
You can get a quote or submit an application online at any time. There are several phone numbers for Elephant depending on which department you need:
Alternatives to Elephant Car Insurance
If you are not happy with what Elephant Insurance has to offer, these companies offer great car insurance options:
* While we do our utmost to keep our site up to date, please be aware that "current" information on this site, such as quotation estimates or relevant company information, may only be accurate from the last day of editing. Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services and its representatives do not provide legal or tax advice. Contact your own legal or tax advisor.