قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Insurance / DOL sues hotels that fired workers due to exposure to carbon monoxide

DOL sues hotels that fired workers due to exposure to carbon monoxide



The U.S. Department of Labor filed a lawsuit against the operation of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites hotel in Waller, Texas, after a worker seeking treatment for carbon monoxide exposure in 2019 was fired, according to a statement issued on Friday

The worker warned his employer that exposure to carbon monoxide made them sick and asked the employer to call an ambulance. In addition to refusing the employee's request, the employer threatened to dismiss the employee. After going to the hospital, the worker was terminated according to the announcement.

The Swedish Work Environment Authority investigated the incident, which resulted in a lawsuit against the operators of the hotel, All Seasons Hospitality and Investments LLC and its owners. Tanvir Shahmohd, for alleged violation of workers' rights by terminating them for reporting unsafe working conditions and seeking medical care, according to the announcement. ̵

1; Reimbursement provisions, reinstating the employee, deleting the employee's personnel register and repaying the employee's wages, interest, compensation and penalty damages and other measures. Catalog

Catalog


Source link