Before you decide to write on the dotted line with SBLI, I recommend that you do a serious research!
This is an important step because life insurance is a long-term investment. [1
Let's see how SBLI is doing with the competition now!
About SBLI (Savings Bank Life Insurance)
Every life insurance company starts somewhere. Let's take a look at their history.
The origins of this esteemed company date back to 1907 . The company was founded by Louis Brandeis who was to become the Supreme Court's Supreme Court .
When he started the company, his vision was to create a savings bank to provide families with a more affordable alternative to life insurance. He did so because he was convinced that the industry was in a disgraceful state.
The company grew and prospered through the decades to become one of America's leading life insurance companies . The goal of the company is the same. Its business mission is to provide reliable and affordable life insurance to anyone who needs it.
The company headquarters is based in Woburn, MA and sells its products in all states except NY SBLI now has 1,000,000 customers in its corporate group. SBLI is very active in the non-profit community.
SBLI Financial Ratings
Our life insurance reviews always reveal a crucial part of the research, the financial values of the insurance company in question. Saving Bank Life Insurance is no different.
Being aware of the financial strength and stability is something that every person who intends to buy life insurance should know before buying their insurance. To make such a long-term investment with any company, you need to feel confident in the stability of their business.
Is the company you are considering financially responsible for how it invests and earns on its profits? This is an important piece of the puzzle.
A solid life insurance company will be able to honor its claims for decades along the way. When your loved ones need to claim, they will not come across any surprises.
Financial credit companies rate each life insurance company and publish their reports annually.
So, let's see how well SBLI performs. This will help you determine if this is a company you are sure to invest your hard earned income with:
Well, from these results, our savings bank life insurance clearly shows that this company has a solid financial foundation . Although AM best downgraded them from A + to AA in November 2016, you may want to keep an eye on it.
At this point, I would give this company a pretty strong thumbs up based on their current financial strength.
FIND OUT IN 2 MINUTES IF WE CAN BEAT THE SBLIS STEERING WHEEL
We treat each customer as their family. Our agents have NO sales quotas, so we can spend all the time required with each customer … it is not possible to proceed to the next conversation with our agents.
Compare Prices Now!
SBLI Life Insurance Products
Each life insurance company has a unique mix of life insurance products. The types of insurance you can buy from SBLI include:
Let's use our savings bank life insurance review to break down the insurances offered in more detail.
Existing health conditions?
] AIG Direct specializes in insuring people just like you. From high blood pressure to diabetes, AIG Direct has seen everything and because they have access to several companies, they can find the absolute lowest prices! Click below to see if you qualify.
The quote is fast, easy, and free!
SBLI Term Insurance
Term Life Insurance is by far the most basic and affordable form of life insurance available. You buy it for periods or a period and all you need to decide is how much you need. The company offers three types of life insurance including:
• Guaranteed premium term – This insurance is available for 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 years. The premium is guaranteed throughout the term. These policies also include a conversion feature that allows you to convert the policy to a universal permanent policy (universal policies are not available separately). Policy is available for ages 18 – 80 and offers face amounts of coverage from $ 100,000 – $ 500,000 .
• Annual renewable term insurance – Known as YRT is a period policy that is automatically renewed annually. You may need to have a medical examination when you first apply for this period policy, but you do not have to do this for each renewal period. You simply pay based on your age at the time of renewal. This policy also allows you to convert to a permanent policy without a medical examination.
• One year non-renewable period – Provides coverage for 1 year with a single premium (cannot be renewed after expiration). Also allows you to convert to a permanent insurance without a medical examination.
RELATED: Checking Trial Insurance Rates by Age (No personal information required)
SBLI Whole Life Insurance
Whole Life Insurance Protects Your Family Throughout Your Life. The premium is fixed and will never increase. However, this means that you will pay a lot more for your coverage than you would with Term Insurance. We recommend that you buy life insurance for most of our customers as it suits most people's needs.
There is also a cash value component that grows up tax deferred that you can use to pay for expenses like college tuition and retirement.  What is cash value life insurance?
Cash value life insurance is a type of life insurance that pays out on the policyholder's death and also accumulates value during the policyholder's lifetime. Life insurance with cash value, Investopedia
SBLI allows you to borrow from the insurance's cash value after just one year.
Another unique feature is that SBLI's entire life policy is entitled to an annual dividend. You can leave the money to collect interest, it can be used to reduce future premiums, finance paid policy supplements or be taken as cash. Although dividends are not guaranteed, SBLI has a solid history of distributing them.
In a volatile world, SBLI's entire life insurance policies are guaranteed, which means that they will retain their value regardless of financial circumstances.
Overview of SBLI Whole Life Policy Offers:
- Loans from the cash value of the insurance for any reason after only one year.
- Guaranteed, tax-deferred cash value growth, regardless of economic circumstances
- A guaranteed income tax-free death benefit  Potential additional cash value growth from dividends
- Policy supplement known as rider to meet unique financial needs
- No political funding limits  Compare courses now!
If you are not clear on what is meant by annuity, the concept is actually quite simple. It is an agreement between you and the insurer where you decide on a payment option to the insurer who in turn invests the money.
Finally, you then receive annual payments that can be used to supplement your pension income.  When you buy an annuity, you rely on the insurance company to make payments for decades. Joining an insurance company that is large, well-established and well-capitalized helps. Annuities: Your DIY pension plan
SBLI has two types of annuities :
• SBLI Single Premium Immediate annuity – where you pay a premium in advance. You can start receiving payments every month, quarterly, semi-annually or annually.
• SBLI Optimizer MVA series annuity – is a fixed deferred annuity. You decide the date you want to start receiving payments. This annuity has impunity and access to money during critical life events such as terminal illness.
SBLI has some unique products that are not available through other life insurance companies. A limiting aspect of their offers is that permanent insurance is limited to life.
Compare SBLI Guarantees and Ratings with Competitors
Each life insurance company has its own distinct and unique guidelines for how they take out insurance.
Some companies specialize in certain niches for health issues. Others may be easier when it comes to a person's family history, smoking habits or driving history.
I cover 5 insurance criteria life insurance companies use and compare them with two other randomly selected companies, VOYA life insurance and main life insurance.
Skip the needles!
Do you want to take the "pain" out of life insurance? We do not blame you! Bestow is one of our most recommended companies without a degree that offers 10 and 20 year plans up to 55 years. See if you qualify for "no degree" today.
Quotes are fast, easy, and free! ]
SBLI Health Ratings
These standards apply to "Preferred Plus" Life insurance:
Height / weight ratio for 5 & # 39; 10 "Person  Unisex diagram for both sexes – maximum weight – 196 pounds
- No tobacco for 5 years * Occasional cigar use can be considered non-nicotine if you smoke 12 or less per year and fully acknowledge that on the application Current nicotine test must be negative.
Maximum blood pressure
- Treated or untreated: 135/85 up to 60 age 140/85 age 61 and over
Maximum cholesterol treated
- 120 minimum 300 maximum Treated or untreated CHL / HDL Max 5.0 for men Max 4.5 for women
Family history requirements
- No cardiovascular problems in parents or siblings before the age of 60
- Waiver if insured is 65 or older and meets all other fo drawn plus criteria
- Family history ignored if you are 70 years and older
- No familial breast, ovarian, prostate, melanoma, thyroid, lymphoma or colon cancer
Get a quote!  Comparison of SBLI with VOYA Life Insurance Classifications
Height / weight ratio
- Ages 16-60: A man or woman who is 5 & # 39; 10 ″ tall can weigh between 129 – 208 pounds .  Ages 61 plus: A man or woman who is 5 & # 39; 10 ″ tall can weigh between 129 – 222 pounds  Tobacco use
- No tobacco or nicotine use for 5 years.
- Ages 16-60: No current or previous blood pressure reading above: Male: 135/90 – Female: 135/85.
- No history of treatment for hypertension.
- Ages 61+: Average of the last 2 years blood pressure measurements not exceeding 140/95 plus no pulse pressure greater than 70.  Cholesterol HDL ratio
- Ages 16-60: (Treated or untreated) Cholesterol Max 300.
- Maximum HDL ratio Male 5.0 / Female 4.5. Ages 61+: (Treated or untreated)
- Cholesterol Max 300.
- Maximum HDL ratio Male 6.0 / Female 5.5.
- Lowest serum albumin Male 4.0 / Female 3.9
- Ages 16-60: No cardiovascular deaths in parents before 65 years of age.
Comparison of SBLI with main responsibility for life insurance
Height / weight ratio for 5 & # 39; 10 ”Person
- Ages 18 – 44: 122 – 202 pounds
- Ages 45 – 60: 122 – 206 pounds
- No tobacco use under 2 years of age 20 – 70; no tobacco use at 3 years of age 71 – 85.
- The exception is 12 or fewer cigars per year with negative urine.
- Must not exceed 140/85 between the ages of 20-44  Must not exceed 140/90 between the ages of 45 – 64
- Must not exceed 145/90 between the ages of 65-85  Cholesterol
- Ages 20 – 64: total cholesterol can not exceed 270 or cholesterol / HDL of 5.5
- Ages 65 – 85: total cholesterol can not exceed 280 or cholesterol / HDL of 6.0
- May not die of family members before age 60 due to:
- Breast cancer
- Colon cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Prostate cancer
- The family is not considered for applicants over 71.
We have found that SBLI is a favorable life insurance company if you have good health. However, SBLI may be a little more restrictive when it comes to various health issues compared to other insurance companies.
Find out if you qualify for special life insurance
] Health IQ offers exclusive active lifestyle discounts. You can qualify if you are an active runner, cyclist, yogi, vegetarian, swimmer or other. Find out how much you can save!
Quotes are fast, easy, and free!
Compare SBLI's premium cost for competitors
So how do the SBLI prizes match the competition?
We will compare them with Voya Life and Principal Life with Term4Sale.com.
Let's check out the annual and monthly premiums for a 20-year period for men and women who qualify for "Preferred Plus" courses with $ 250,000 in coverage .
SBLI Example Quote
- 30 year old woman: $ 13.31 per month, $ 153.00 per year
- 35 year old woman: $ 13.99 monthly, $ 160.80 annually
- 40 year old woman: $ 18.99 monthly, $ 218.25 annually
- 30 year old male: $ 14.79 per month, $ 170.00 per year
- 35 year old male: $ 16.29 per month, $ 187.25 per year  40 year old male: $ 21.67 per month, $ 249.03 per year
VOYA Insurance Example
- 30 year old woman: $ 13.78 per month, $ 157.50 annually
- 35 year old woman: $ 15.53 per month, $ 177.50 annually
- 40 year old woman: $ 19.91 per month month, $ 227.50 per year
- 30 year old male: $ 14.66 per month, $ 167.50 per year
- 35 year old male: $ 16.41 per month, $ 187.50 per year  40 year old male: $ 21.44 per month, $ 245.00 per year
Main insurance Example of quote
- 30 year old woman: $ 13.30 per month, $ 152.00 annually
- 35 year old woman: $ 13.69 per month, $ 156.50 annually
- 40 year old woman: $ 17.06 per month month, $ 195.00 per year
- 30 year old male: $ 14.66 per month, $ 167.50 per year
- 35 year old male: $ 14.66 per month, $ 167.50 per year  40 year old male: $ 19.25 per month, $ 220.00 per year
Compare Prices Now!
SBLI Review Summary
Here is a summary of things to keep in mind before signing the dotted line with SBLI:
• Product Availability – SBLI offers basic level life insurance with a variety available terms. The company has some very practical annual and annually renewable products that are not offered by other companies. Permanent insurance is available but limited to a lifetime that we are not a big fan of.
• Insurance Criteria – Their insurance criteria for futures insurance tend to benefit healthy individuals. They are relatively competitive for single cigar smokers and for cholesterol levels. Not so gentle when it comes to the height / weight ratio.
• Premium – I would say that SBLI premium prices are competitive but not the most affordable in terms of costs.
Overall, SBLI is a solid company.
Which companies do we rate among the top 10? Read this article to find out: “The Best Life Insurance Companies”
We can help you find the best policy
Huntley Wealth and Insurance Services will find the life insurance solution that suits your unique situation.
For short-term business needs, key personnel, buy-sell agreements, residencies, permanent or no degree policies, our well-experienced agents will guide you through your options.
We are an independent life insurance agency offering insurance from over 50 of the best life insurance companies in America.
The result? We can find the most affordable maturity policies in the industry.
* While doing our utmost to keep our site up to date, please be aware that "up-to-date" information on this site, such as estimate information, or relevant company details, may only be accurate as of the last day of editing. Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services and its representatives do not provide legal or tax advice. Contact your own legal or tax advisor.