All business owners want to add talented people to work with. Talent, experience and passion for getting the job done are crucial for all companies, including the legal profession. So when lawyer Javier Delgado of Merlin Law Group sent me Tony Loe's resume, two awards from many other achievements were noted:
FLORIDA BAR & # 39; CLAUDE PEPPER & # 39; EXHIBITING GOVERNMENT PROSECUTOR – June 2006. Florida Bar & # 39; s Claude Pepper Outstanding Attorney General The award recognizes an attorney who has made an extraordinary and exemplary contribution as a practicing Attorney General. who best personifies St. Thomas More ethics.
I researched a bit and found an article describing the award ceremony where Tony Loe received the award from the Saint Thomas More Society. Loe came up with the following quote:
- “Laws can be demanding and extremely time consuming, and I have been very blessed to have a wonderful family who have been extremely supportive those nights and weekends as I work on my errands, trying to ensure that I did justice to the Broward State Attorney & # 39 ;s Office. "
- " John F. Kennedy said, "One person can make a difference and everyone should try." "[1
Leaders get things done rather than just saying what to do. Great leaders are in battle and working for positive change. Here is some of the work that Tony Loe was involved in as an out-of-court leader:
- Broward County Bar Association Trial Law Section (2008-2009)
- Broward County Bar Association Board of Directors (2001-2002)  St. Thomas More Society Board (1999-2009)
- American Cancer Society & # 39 ;s Jail & Bail Parole Board (2000-2015)
- Florida Bar-Grievance Committee 17B (1995-1998) and 17G (2001–2004)  Florida Bar-Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee 17A (1998-2001)
- Broward County Bar Association Mentoring Program Chair (1998-2003)
- Broward County Bar Association Bench / Bar Committee (1998-2001)  Community Relations Advisory Board for Dismas Charities, Inc. (1997-2000)
- Florida Bar Speakers Bureau (1997-2007)
- Inns of Court (1996-2000 & 2016-2017)
- Broward Sheriff & # 39 ; s Office Advisory Board (1996-2000)
- Broward County Bar Association Member Benefits Committee (1996-1998)
- National Hockey League – Off-Ice Official (1995-present)
- Broward County Domestic Violence Intervention Steering Committee (1992-1994)
- Broward Regional Emergency Medical Services Council (1992-1994) ” I like the fact that we do not have a lawyer in our company who played competitive hockey. That sport undoubtedly teaches you how to "mix it up."
I asked Tony Loe why and what he thought of becoming a lawyer at Merlin Law Group. His career and experience can have him at a number of top law firms. He humbly said:
When I started on the next chapter of my legal career, I had a number of options. Crucial for me was that I wanted to be linked to a company that takes care of its customers and does the right thing. I chose Merlin Law Group because they have always been the gold standard when it comes to first-party claims. I hope the skills I have developed over my 35 years as a litigant and the fact that I am a member of the bars Florida, Ohio, Illinois and District of Columbia will enable me to make a positive contribution to solid.
Tony Loe is a great guy. Anyone who has experience of winning hundreds of high-profile trials, who found a quote on how a person can make a difference and still skates with hockey players, has the passion, experience and energy to help policyholders fight and beat insurance companies at a very high level.
All companies can say they can do the job. But when you look under the hood, you immediately know what kind of car you really have.
Thought of the day
Hospitality is almost impossible to teach. It's about hiring the right people.
– Danny Meyer