Business Insurance announced on Tuesday 10 initial winners of Försäkringskassan and their industry leader.
The scholarships are administered by the Institute Griffith Insurance Education Foundation and support students at universities without risk management programs. BI Scholarship is funded by revenue from the US Insurance Awards program, which began in 2018.
Scholarship recipients for 2019 and their industry leaders are:
- Alexandra Hermanek, junior of the University of Nebraska – Omaha, the principal player in management information system and accounting and takes a minor in computer science with a concentration in IT audit and control. Mrs Hermanek's mentor is Carey Anne Nadeau, founder and CEO of Open Data Nation, a Washington-based insurance company.
- Nahla Shepherd, a beginner at Albany State University in Albany, Georgia, is a senior executive. Ms. Shepherd's mentor is Bonnie Boone, vice president of p / c care practice at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Kaitlyn Townsend, a sophomore at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, a major in science. Ms Townsend's mentor is Deborah Watkins, founder and CEO of Care Bridge International Inc. in Sarasota, Florida.
- Quentin (Spencer) Washington, a sophomore at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin, who is a major in film studies and takes a minor in creative writing. Mr. Washington's mentor is Darryl Dortch, Business Development Manager at Aon PLC's Global Entertainment Group.
- Gabrielle Pietanza, a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering and a Minor in Law at Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. Ms. Pietanza's mentor is Samara Jaffe, CEO of InsureTech Connect LLC and co-founder and CEO of HR Transform LLC in New York.
- Brooks (James) Joiner, a bachelor's degree in cyber technology and computer science at Louisiana Tech University in Ruston, Louisiana. Mr Joiner's mentor is Leslie Chacko, director ̵
- Armoni Ross, a junior who runs a major in communications and a business finance minor at Prairie View A & M University in Texas. Ms. Ross mentor is Pam Humphrey, global client manager at Chubb Ltd.
- Olivia Curbeam, a junior at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln who runs a majority in advertising and public relations and less in leadership and communication. Ms. Curbeam's mentor is Nina Boone, US sales manager mergers and acquisitions at Aon PLC.
- Milena Berestko a freshman at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania, who runs a majority in neuroscience and theater and a ministry in creative writing. Ms Berestko's mentor is Raissa Correa, PR and social responsibility consultant at CNA Financial Corp.
- Kieara Fagan, a novice at Franklin and Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, a major in psychology and taking a minor in Africana studies. Ms Fagan's mentor is Noelle Codispoti, CEO of Gamma Iota Sigma, the insurance and risk management fraternity in Yardley, Pennsylvania.
In addition to the mentor, each student receives: $ 3,500, free access to two institute courses – Insurance requirements and introduction to risk management and insurance – and one year's membership to Gamma Iota Sigma.
Applications for 2020 BI Scholarship will be accepted in the spring of 2020.