(Life Insurance Premium Quotes based on healthy, male, non-smoker for 10 year guaranteed level period, per 7/13/2017, subject to change)
Do you want a quote for a different amount or at a another health classification? Use our form on the right or below:
] If you currently work and need life insurance to replace lost income at death, think about how many years you plan to work and cover yourself for at least that length. Usually in the sixties, only 1
10, 15, 20 and 25 years Term Available By age 69
When you are younger, all types of life insurance are available from 10 years to 30 years and even 40 years (only a few carriers offer this at younger ages.)
Now that you are in the 60s, you may be wondering if all lengths are available to you.
Unfortunately, when you turn 60, you can no longer buy 30 or 40 years. However, you can purchase 10, 15, 20 and 25 year life insurance up to 65 years old . When you turn 66 years old, you can only buy 10, 15 and 20 years.
Important questions to determine what type of insurance is needed:
- Would you still need this coverage 10 to 20 years from now?
- Are you still working? – If so, you may only need visibility until you retire.
- What is your budget? – The term is cheaper than permanent coverage and you can buy much more screen protection for
- Do you have a planning need? See below.
If your answers to these questions indicate a shorter need for coverage, I recommend term insurance. If you want coverage over the age of 95 or older (lifetime coverage) I recommend that you request a quote for a lifetime policy.
To get a quote, visit our form and select "lifetime" ] from the Term count:
It is important that you realize that all insurance companies deal with medical conditions differently.
… some of them will severely affect you for a particular health issue.
Therefore, you always want to use an independent agent who can act your case to several companies to see which one will give you the best.
- We recently found a 68-year-old woman with type 2 diabetes a $ 250,000, 15 year futures policy for $ 245 per month via Banner Life Insurance. She had received a quote from her farmer's insurance agent for over $ 400 a month!
- A 61-year-old man came to us and was looking for just $ 100,000 of cover for the rest of his life. The problem was that he had a heart attack 6 years earlier and he took blood pressure medication. His State Farm Insurance Agent said he would probably be declined or it would cost at least $ 750 a month. We got him approved for a standard price of just $ 171 per month using Protection Life Insurance!
- In another case, we could get a 67-year-old man approved for $ 500,000 of guaranteed universal life when 2 other companies had declined to offer him coverage due to a combination of sleep apnea and obesity.
I explain in this video why it is important to use an independent agent and how we save money (Note: we are independent agents at Huntley Wealth)
Life Insurance for Cash or Taxes
Your reason to buy life insurance can be more long-term. Perhaps you need coverage for real estate planning, such as financing a bypass or A-B Trust. Perhaps there is no need for coverage, per se. You simply want to leave an inheritance.
For long-term goals, I recommend that you purchase a futures policy that will cover the eighties or nineties. This is likely to be a 20-year-old or 30-year policy. (Note: You can structure a guaranteed universal life insurance policy to just cover up to 90 years or 95, and it kicks your pants into the lifetime coverage policy!)
Whole Life Insurance (Lifetime Rules) for 60-69 years old
There are still those for whom a 15 or 20 year policy is not enough. If your parents lived in the eighties or nineties, consider buying a lifetime or universal life insurance . These are permanent policies to provide coverage for 100 years, or in some cases up to 120.
The main difference between whole life and universal life insurance is the premiums. The whole life costs about twice what universal life usually costs. But since the entire life policy takes out so much more premium, they also usually grow in cash value much better than in universal life insurance.
For whole life insurance quote, click here and select "lifetime" duration.
Move forward with an application
To apply for coverage, this is the process.
- Get a quote online
- We help you apply by phone or send a written application
- You will probably need to take a medical examination
- Approval takes approximately 4-6 weeks, on average  You pay your first premium and make your policy effective
It is highly recommended to find the lowest life insurance cost times to use an independent agency that can handle your case with your particular medical problem among multiple operators. For more information about us, visit our About Us page.
For General Life Insurance Revenue, Term Life Insurance Rates or Repayment of Premium Notes, click here or use the Instant Quote Form on the right