I recently worked with employees
developing and presenting a route
webinar . We needed to get the word out on the benefits of
extends at work and in our personal lives. Stretching is good for all walks
of life including restaurant, hotel, factory and construction worker. I
decided to "practice what I preach" and made a conscious effort to stretch
during the day. It helped to make snowmobiling more acceptable this winter. And
it even improved my sleep. I stretch myself before I go to bed every night and find
myself more relaxed and sleep better. Try it yourself; You will be
surprised by the results!
What is a Musculoskeletal Disease (MSD)
Work-related musculoskeletal disorders are one
group of painful diseases of muscles, tendons and nerves. These injuries are
Prevented with a work tool program that includes stretching.
Heavy lifting, pushing, pulling or repetitive
Movement can cost employers billions of dollars annually. Damage resulting from these movements is common and costly. To
Reduce risk and promote a healthy, safe work environment, make sure yours
employees are physically ready for work. Develop and implement a
stretching programs for your company can reduce injuries and save
Common Musculoskeletal Diseases
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome affects the hand due to pressure on the mediator that controls movement and feeling in the thumb and fingers.
- tendinitis. When the thick fibrous lines that attach muscles to the leg are inflamed or irritated, tendinitis may occur.
- Muscle Strain. This common type of MSD happens when the muscle is overloaded or disintegrated.
- Ligament Sprain. A ligament bias involves overlaying or tearing of the ligaments, which are the fibrous connective tissues that connect bones to each other for stabilization.
The benefits of stretching at work
- Reduces fatigue. Stretch at work can reduce fatigue by increasing blood supply and nutrients to your muscles.
- can prevent muscle tension damage. Stretching awakens your muscles to let them know they are going to do a job. Stretching warms the muscles by working them gently ̵
- Improves posture. Stretching can improve posture by allowing muscle tissue to regulate, reducing effort to achieve and maintain good posture. Often, these muscles have poorly adapted to gravity and poor postural habits.
- Increases muscle coordination and balance. Stretching also helps opposing muscle groups to work in a more coordinated way.
Recommended routes while you are at work
Part of our webinar included development and
produces a training video on advantageous stretches for the average person. Based
On the employees' claims, we know that injuries that usually affect
shoulders, back, wrists and knees. We consulted with a nurse and one
certified physical trainer to determine the paths that work best to reduce
damage in these areas. Use this card
5 minute stretching video for training your employees –
and make it part of your new occupational safety orientation. We also have a free
stretching poster to remind employees of these stretches on one
Stretching works. Try it – you will like it. The
Benefits of stretching the job are endless.
comes to risk management, prevention is the key. social Insurance
policyholders receive collaborative and collaborative partnerships of risk
control experts and access to exclusive security resources developed to maintain yours
workplace safe and profitable. Contact your local community agent
to learn more.