UPDATED: March 28, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choice.
Advertiser Information: We strive to help you make safe insurance decisions. Comparing shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any individual insurance provider and can not guarantee quotes from any individual provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships do not affect our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different insurance companies, please enter your zip code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about insurance. Our goal is to be an objective third-party resource for everything insurance-related. We update our site regularly and all content is reviewed by insurance experts.
- Bear River Mutual Insurance Company offers a comprehensive range of insurance products throughout Utah
- The services include home and car protection, as well as coverage for tenants and apartment owners
- Customer reviews shine, and many customers praise the company’s valuable service
Do you feel overwhelmed by your search for the right insurance company? Are you wondering how to decide which provider is best for you? In that case, you have come to the right place. We provide access to fast, free quotes and honest business reviews, so you can make a safe decision. Today we will explore the products offered by Bear River Mutual Insurance Company.
This article will analyze the coverage options, financial ratings and customer reviews for Bear River Mutual.
Bear River Mutual Insurance Products
Bear River Mutual has insured Utah’s homes and cars longer than any other state company. The company’s philosophy is to deliver fair, honest and fast service to selected customers at affordable prices.
Bear River only sells insurance to customers who do not drink or use drugs.
The company offers a wide range of insurance products that you can customize to your needs. Coverage includes home, car, renters and more. Bear River’s independent agents can help you choose the best plan for your situation.
Bear River Car Insurance
Bear River Mutual keeps its customers to a high standard. By doing so, however, the company can charge lower prices than its competitors.
The best car insurance companies gives you access to flexible choices.
Car covers available with Bear River include:
- Responsibility. This is the most basic form of car insurance. Most states require this coverage, and it pays the costs if you injure someone else or damage their property with your vehicle.
- Coverage for physical damage. Also known as collision and extensive coverage, these protections pay for damage to your vehicle. Collision covers losses due to hitting another object. And comprehensive compensation for accidents without collision, such as theft, weather or vandalism.
- Uninsured / underinsured motorist. This protection protects you and your assets if you have an accident caused by a driver with little or no insurance.
- 24/7 roadside assistance. This feature includes towing, lockout services and fuel delivery. You can add it to your policy by talking to an independent agent.
- Rental car compensation. If your vehicle is unusable after a covered accident, this feature will pay for your temporary use of a rental car.
- Motorhome / motorhome / trailer. You can protect your assets by adding this coverage to your auto plan.
Bear River’s independent agents can help you choose the best coverage for you.
Bear River home and apartment insurance
Bear River Mutual only insures homes in Utah. This indicates that your prices are not based on claims from states that are exposed to hurricanes or tornadoes.
Home insurance includes:
- Primary residence. Protect your home with Bear River Home Insurance. A variety of protections are available, and an agent can help you tailor the plan to your needs.
- Secondary home. You can protect your seasonal or holiday home with this coverage.
- Personal credibility. This protection covers you if someone is injured or if someone’s property is damaged in your home due to your negligence.
- Earthquake. This feature protects your home and property from earthquake damage.
- Condominium. Apartments often require special protection. You can qualify for special discounts on your apartment insurance.
- Equipment breakdown and coverage of electricity / service line. This protection covers electrical appliances and equipment in your home. Coverage is also available for buried power lines, such as gas, electricity, water and sewage.
Insuring only houses in Utah allows the company to provide the best rates for Utahs. An agent can give you more information about discount options and customization.
Bear River Mutual Renters Insurance
Tenant insurance is a great way to protect your personal belongings. Bear River’s tenant plan gives you access to customizable protection. Coverage available to tenants includes:
- Personal property. Your belongings are protected against theft, damage, destruction, etc. Your plan can also protect the guests’ personal property in your apartment.
- Loss of use. Your plan will pay for temporary living expenses if your property is uninhabitable after a covered loss.
- Additional coverage. The tenant’s plans may include other coverages, such as debris removal and repairs.
Bear River Mutual’s plans for renters cover personal property against fire, lightning, windstorms, hail, smoke, vandalism, theft, etc. An agent can provide you with a complete list of covered hazards.
Bear River Home Insurance
Home insurance is available for personally owned homes, buildings, duplexes and fourplexes.
Bear River’s home insurance covers:
- Residence. The home that is mainly used as living space is the home. Constructions connected to the house as well as tools and materials used for the work on the home are also included.
- Other structures. Structures that are not connected to the home, such as garages or sheds, are covered by this feature.
Housing coverage is usually written for rental properties. Bear River Home Insurance can help you protect your assets if you own a rental property.
Bear River Umbrella Insurance
Umbrella insurance is a liability cover as a supplement to your primary insurance. It can help to pay for things that your primary plan does not cover.
Umbrella insurance with Bear River covers you against:
- Damages. Your plan will pay for the damage you cause to others, up to the limit of liability.
- Trials. The plan covers the costs of defending you against a lawsuit if your primary insurance provides insufficient coverage.
Bear River Mutual’s umbrella plans can be written with $ 1- $ 2 million limits.
Enter your zip code below to see companies that have cheap insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 encryption
Bear River Mutual Ratings and Reviews
As you continue your search for a new insurance company, remember to check the financial ratings and customer reviews. You can learn so much from these two sources, as they reveal the company’s credibility and reliability.
Financial ratings are third party assessments of an insurance company’s ability to meet specific obligations.
Bear River Mutual Insurance Company has a rating of A- (excellent) with AM Best, one of the country’s most trusted financial reviewers. In addition, the company’s prospects are stable.
Bear River Customer Reviews
Apart from financial ratings, customer reviews are another excellent source of information about a company. By reviewing customer complaints and praise, we can determine how the company treats its customers. This information tells you if the company fulfills its commitments and respects its customers.
Bear River Mutual is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). However, the company has an A- based on customer information. It has 1/5 stars based on six customer reviews.
Bear River has much better Google reviews. Here, the company has an average rating of 4.6 / 5 stars based on 1,603 customer reviews.
While the BBB reviews are generally unfavorable and accuse the company of poor customer service, the Google reviews are brilliant. Many customers pay tribute to their friendly agents. Others praise the company for a simple complaint process and quality services.
The comments are equally positive on Clearsurance, where the company has 4.11 / 5 stars based on 57 customer reviews.
Bear River mutual insurance in a nutshell
Bear River Mutual Insurance Company offers coverage options for select customers across Utah. To qualify for Bear River products, you must refrain from consuming alcohol and drugs. These measures, although strict, allow the company to offer lower prices than its competitors.
Bear River Mutual’s product line includes home and car protection, rental and apartment insurance, as well as housing and umbrella protection.
The company’s website is somewhat limited. The information is sparse and the company is heavily dependent on independent agents to provide plan details.
Bear River Mutual is rated by AM Best, and customer reviews are generally positive. Although there are widespread negative complaints, most customers praise the company’s service and agents.
All in all, Bear River Mutual provides a valuable range of insurance products. Coverage is flexible and you can work with an agent to find the best plan for you and your family.
But before you make your final decision, remember to do a lot of research. Take your time and compare many options to find the right coverage for you and your loved ones.