With the permission of iii.org
The weekends are a time to give and receive gifts, but could you replace these gifts if they were destroyed in a fire or other disaster? A home inventory is the best way to protect your personal belongings, but only 50 percent of homeowners said they had an inventory in a survey by the Insurance Information Institute (III) 2016. This is where Know Your Stuff®, the free, award-winning home inventory app, can help.
III's Know Your Stuff® Home Invention app allows you to enter information on your mobile or desktop and sync across all your devices so you can access it anywhere, anytime. It can help you:
- Buy enough insurance to replace items you own, if they are stolen or damaged.
- Get faster insurance claims.
- Means losses or charitable donations for tax purposes.
- Keep track of items that require maintenance or repair.
- Declutter and organize your home.
"With the average claim costing more than $ 9,000 and about one in 1
To simplify the task of creating an inventory, the Know Your Stuff® app allows you to take photographs of your belongings and organize them according to the space where the items are located.
With the Know Your Stuff® Home Inventory app, you get:
- Secure free cloud storage of your inventory data. You can also store and manage all your insurance policy information, including contact information for your insurance staff and your police numbers.
- Downloadable reports for easy record keeping and application for claims.
- A tool supported by Expertise III, a leading independent insurance and communications organization.
Know Your Stuff® also lets you keep track of multiple properties and insurances. An opt-in service provides integrated weather alerts for your area as well as updates and tips on how to prepare your home for severe weather.