Association of Appraisers / Umpires known as IAUA (Insurance Appraisal and Umpire Association) in collaboration with OCS, (Office of the Insurance Commissioner), will hold a seminar training on Appraisal Process in Puerto Rico . The seminar will take place on June 29 and 30, 2021 at La Concha Resort. Participation in this seminar, with a different event and professional experience, allows you to apply to be approved as a judge by OCS. In addition, compliance with this requirement will enable participants to be on the list of approved judges, maintained by the OCS.
CLICK HERE for details and registration for IAUA Evaluation Process Training
] The two-day curriculum in Puerto Rico will include the following:
- Introduction to the evaluation process with specific orders and handling of Puerto Rico Rico.
- Hurricane damage to roof units, wind load effects on roofs.
- Construction design and code considerations for a remodeling project.
- How to interpret the policy terms before evaluation awards.
- Fenestration damage after wind loads and evaluation case studies.
- Report in evaluation ̵
- How to issue an effective decision on the assessment panel.
- Judge's certification class.
- The exam ended on day 2 to certify the valuer and / or judge.
Details and registration for all IAUA events can be found in the IAUA Events Calendar 2021, which includes opportunities throughout the United States to earn your IAUA Valuation and / or Arbitration Certificate.
If you are interested in joining the IAUA, the application process is complete online. The fees run for 12 months from your registration to your anniversary.
Do not miss this fantastic opportunity!