If you have been considering getting pet insurance to protect your cat or dog, this ASPCA Pet Insurance Review is a great place to start your research.
As the first humane society established in the United States, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals has a reputation for its tireless work to improve the lives of our pets. For cats and dogs, the organization extends its efforts one step further by offering pet insurance to protect their health and well-being.
If you are worried about the potential costs of your cat or dog's medical care, you may be wondering if it is a good idea to get pet insurance for your current situation.
When choosing health insurance for your pet, it is important to review your options carefully to make sure you find the best insurance company that can meet your specific needs.
How does ASPCA pet insurance work?
ASPCA pet insurance is offered through Crum & Forster Pet Insurance Group, which was founded in 1997 and is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). since 2015.
It is known for excelling in the digital customer experience by offering simplified quotation and claim processes online and a convenient mobile app for managing policies on the go.  It is important to note that the company's standard method of renewing insurance involves opening a new insurance policy every year, which has generated some complaints because payment claims have not been paid for permits diagnosed at the end of the previous year but processed. in the next. However, this situation can be avoided by adding the continued care prescription offered by the company.
Several policy adjustment options, including a selection of deductibles, coverage ceilings and compensation percentages, ensure that pet owners can obtain pet insurance that meets their needs and budget equally.
The age range available for coverage is favorable, with lower age limits starting at eight weeks and without an upper limit, making the ASPCA policy perfect for those with older cats and dogs who currently lack coverage. . The following table provides an overview of some of the features that stood out when comparing 33 insurance companies for this ASPCA Pet Insurance Review.
Pet Insurance in Utah | Best Companies and Prices https://www.insuranceblogbychris.com/pet-insurance/ut/ Pet Insurance Utah
Pet Insurance in Hawaii | Best Business & Prices https://www.insuranceblogbychris.com/pet-insurance/hi/ Pet Insurance Hawaii
ASPCA Pet Health Insurance Insurance Coverage Options
ASPCA pet insurance insurance is offered for cats and dogs, with three insurance options such as can help pet owners recover reimbursement of all necessary medical care (such as medical imaging and prescription medicine) due to illness, accidents or hereditary conditions, provided they are not related to pre-existing conditions, breeding or cosmetic procedures.  Like most pet insurance plans, policyholders are free to take their pets to whatever veterinarian they choose within the 14-day waiting period. This applies to disease and ligament / knee conditions.
Pets are eligible for coverage at eight weeks of age – the industry average – and the company does not apply any upper age limits.
Although preventive care is not covered. according to its standard insurance, this type of coverage can be purchased by choosing one of the additional options for preventive care from the ASPCA.
Pet owners can also only opt for accident cover if they find a more comprehensive insurance unnecessary. Preventive care can be added to a policy that only applies to accidents.
Accident and Illness Policy
As the organization's most comprehensive plan, the ASPCA Policy on Pet Accidents and Illnesses is designed to cover the costs of major medical care related to accidents, illness, hereditary conditions and behavioral problems, including hospital stay and surgery.
Coverage covers materials and drugs needed for treatment and also includes alternative therapies, such as stem cell therapy and chiropractic care.
Approved benefits are calculated as a percentage of the total cost of care of covered pets. Although this policy does not cover coverage for general well-being, pet owners have the option of adding preventive care coverage.
An accident policy is also available for those who choose to opt out of disease coverage. If the accident and disease policy is chosen, the following treatments are covered:
- Microchip implantation by a veterinarian
- Veterinarian provided or referred behavior modification
- Treatments for cancer
- to treat illness
- General veterinary care for diseases or accidents (laboratory tests, consultations and examinations not considered as preventive care)
- Medical imaging (MRI, CT scans or X-rays)
- IV drugs and liquids
- Poison control consultations
- Prescription drugs (must be prescribed by a veterinarian and FDA approved)
- Prescription foods (if needed to treat an existing condition)
- Dietary supplements (if needed to treat an existing condition)
- Tooth extractions
- Alternative therapies
- Medical equipment
- Hospital Care and Surgery  Stem Cell Therapy
- End of Cost of Life
Accident Policy Only
The Accident Only Policy allows pet owners to waive sickness coverage, resulting in lower premiums. This plan covers all medical care associated with new accident-related emergencies and injuries, such as broken bones, bite wounds, worn ligaments, poisoning and ingestion of foreign objects. Treatments include:
- Alternative therapies (such as chiropractic care or acupuncture)
- Diagnostic interventions
- Surgery and hospitalization
- Prescription medicine and food needed to treat accident-related injuries
Prevention Supplements ] Preventive care coverage can be added to any of the previously mentioned policies in the form of basic and primary policies. There are no waiting times for coverage and no deductible is required for payments.
These riders are designed to cover routine health care for cats and dogs and include the following treatments:
- Tooth Cleaning
- Wellness Survey
- DHLPP Vaccine / Titers
- Lyme vaccine / titer
- Fecal test
- Heartworm test
- All coverage in the basic alternative
- Health certificate  Prevention of fleas / heartworm
- Bordetella vaccine / titer
- Blood test ] Urine analysis
Costs and benefits
The premium for pet insurance varies greatly and can be affected by many factors.
- Different breeds may be genetically predisposed to certain medical conditions so insurance companies may charge more to cover them.
- Often the age of a pet is also a factor, and prices can vary between places.
- Perhaps the most crucial element in a premium for pet insurance is the chosen coverage options, such as the deductible and the annual limits.
ASPCA pet insurance premiums can be as low as $ 23.39 per month when insuring an eight-week-old mixed breed dog or Siamese cat with an annual limit of $ 5,000, 70 percent repayment and a deductible of $ 250.
When comparing accident and sickness premiums from other carriers for this ASPCA Pet Insurance Review and the national averages calculated by the North American Pet Insurance Association, ASPCA premiums for cats and dogs were found to be the lowest in the industry.
- ASPCA Pet Insurance Accident & Illness Policy: This policy is highly customizable, with annual coverage ceilings from $ 5000 to unlimited. Deductibles are paid annually and are as low as $ 100 or as high as $ 500. Deductibles must be met annually and pet owners have the option of choosing a 70, 80 or 90 percent refund policy.
- ASPCA Pet Insurance Accident Only Policy: Accident Only Policy offers the same coverage options as Accident & Illness policy.
- ASPCA Pet Insurance Prevention Add-On: Preventive supplements have no deductible and follow a template for benefits that maximize $ 250 per year.
Discounts  Insurance companies are known for offering discounts to attract potential policyholders to purchase coverage. Common examples are life insurance companies that reduce premium costs for non-smokers and large insurance companies that offer package discounts to policyholders who buy and combine several types of coverage, such as home and car insurance.
The ASPCA only insures pets and therefore does not offer bundling. discount over several types of insurance, but provides similar savings for those who bundle more than one pet.
- Multiple Pet Discount: ASPCA Pet Health Insurance offers discounts for policyholders who register multiple pets, with savings of up to 10% of the base plan premium.
ASPCA premium prices are considered relatively standard for the industry. It is important to remember that older animals will cost more to insure than younger puppies and kittens, and that certain breeds are known to be more prone to health problems.
How to claim with ASPCA
Policyholders who have to file a claim have several options available to them, with the ASPCA accepting the ASPCA pet insurance application online and via email, fax, email or its convenient mobile app . Claims payments can be quoted online, so that pet owners can stay informed about claims they intend to file.
The company offers 270 days to file claims, which is three times the industry standard of 90 days.
How Good Is ASPCA Pet Insurance?
In addition to being one of the oldest pet insurance companies in the industry, the ASPCA is also one of the better reviewed.
We have also rated the ASPCA on our top 10 list of pet insurance policies, thanks to the flexibility in choosing compensation amounts and annual deductions for your plan, the comprehensive coverage that includes hereditary and behavioral problems, and the ability to visit a licensed veterinarian. regardless of network.
ASPCA's support, Crum & Forster Pet Insurance Group, has been accredited by the Better Business Bureau since 2015 and currently has a perfect A + BBB rating.
The insurer has on average only one out of five stars from BBB customer reviews. , although this number is only based on 4 customer reviews.
On Trustpilot, the company has a much higher reputation, with an average of five out of five stars based on 1,564 reviews. In addition, ASPCA pet insurance is guaranteed by the Crum & Forster Group, which was ranked A or "excellent" by AM Best 2016
- Website for URL: https://www.ASPCAPetInsurance.com/  Company Phone: 1-866-204-6764
- Head Office Address: 1208 Massillon Rd, Suite G 200, Akron, OH 44306
- Founded 1997  * While we do our utmost to keep our site up to date, please be aware that "current" information on this site, such as quotation estimates or relevant company information, may only be accurate from the last day of editing. Huntley Wealth & Insurance Services and its representatives do not provide legal or tax advice. Contact your own legal or tax advisor.