(Reuters) – Activision Blizzard Inc.’s board and external advisers said on Thursday that there was no evidence that senior executives had deliberately ignored or tried to tone down reported cases of gender-based harassment.
There were some substantiated cases of gender harassment, say the independent board members of the company’s board in a report.
But these cases did not support the conclusion that senior management or the board were aware of and tolerated gender harassment, the directors said.
Activision, which is acquired by Microsoft Corp. for $ 68.7 billion, has been charged with alleged misconduct in the company.
In July 2021, California filed a lawsuit against the company, claiming that it “promoted a sexist culture.”;
Activision has also been the subject of investigative stories describing allegations of sexual harassment internally, with employees arranging resignations to protest the company’s response to the problems.
In November last year, workers circulated a petition demanding that CEO Bobby Kotick be fired, amid growing criticism of the company’s culture.
In response, Activision’s Board of Directors formed a workplace responsibility committee to monitor its progress in improving the company’s culture.