Insurance statistics give you a compact summary of what has happened in the insurance sector.
Today we have compiled fifty (50) relevant insurance statistics that you should know. These statistics and facts were obtained from various sectors of the insurance market worldwide.
We believe that they would greatly influence your decision both as a company looking for an insurance company, an insurance agent, an insurance broker and an insurance company.  Facts have been divided into sections for easy navigation and understanding.
- Insurance companies in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, etc.
- Global Life Insurance Companies
- Facts about Life Insurance in the USA.
Insurance Companies in Great Britain
2nd The best car insurance company in the UK is Aviva. It has a rating of 5/5 and is considered good for customer service.
3rd Aegon Insurance is the UK's best life insurance company
4. AXA insurance cover is considered to be the UK's best insurance policy.
5 Hiscox is the best cyber insurance company offering one of the most comprehensive cyber liability protections in the UK.
Insurance Companies in the USA
6. State Farm Group is the largest real estate / non-life insurance company in the United States and represents 10.1% of the market and writes $ 64.8 billion in direct premiums.
7th Amica Mutual is the best car insurance company in the United States.
8th The overall best life insurance company in the United States is Prudential. State Farm and Transamerica follow the best immediate question and the best value, respectively.
ninth Chubb LTD is the best cyber insurance company in the United States with Direct Written Premiums totaling $ 356.86 million.
10th The best insurance company for insurance coverage in the United States is Next Insurance. Insureon is best for finding the lowest premiums while Hartford is best for buying a business owner's policy (BOP).
Insurance Companies in Australia
11. Vero is the largest insurance company in Australia and the best for insurance coverage.
12th AAMI lights up at the top of the list of insurance companies in Australia to get car insurance from.
thirteenth Cyber liability insurance in Australia is adequately covered by BizCover.
fourteenth TAL Life Limited is the best life insurance company in Australia with a market share of 17.8%.
Insurance Companies in New Zealand
15. AIA is the best life insurance company in New Zealand.
16th AA Insurance tops the list of the best car insurance companies in Australia.
17th BizCover is the best cyber insurance company in New Zealand.
Insurance Companies in India
18. ICICI Lombard is the best cyber liability insurance company in India.
19th Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Company is the best life insurance company in India with a liability ratio of 97.15%
20. The best car insurance company in India is Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance Company.
Insurance Companies in Canada
21. Manulife Financial is Canada's largest insurance company in terms of revenue and generated $ 61.4 billion in 2019.
22. Kanetix is the best Canadian car insurance company.
23rd Intact Financial Corporation is the best home insurance and real estate insurance company in Canada.
Global Life Insurance Companies
24. UnitedHealth Group is the largest life insurance company by market rate.
25th HSBC Life is the largest life insurance company in Hong Kong after the written gross premium.
26th In Japan, Nippon is the largest life insurance company after gross premiums written.
Facts About Life Insurance In The United States
27. There are 773 life insurance companies in the United States.
28th There are 580 equity insurance companies in the United States.
29th The number of mutual life insurance companies in the United States is 109.
30. The average nominal amount of individual life insurance policies purchased in the United States was approximately $ 168,000.
31st There were approximately 266.9 million life insurance policies in force in the United States in 2018.
32. The main reason why American citizens buy life insurance is to pay for one's funeral rites.
33rd The most popular way to buy life insurance in the United States is personal.
34th Life insurance premiums written in the United States were valued at 593 billion US dollars.
35th The United States was the largest insurance premium writing country globally in 2018.
36. Non-life insurance premiums written in the United States amounted to 876 billion US dollars.
37th The estimated available global market size for damages improvements by 2020 was $ 72.53 billion.
Cyber Insurance Statistics
38. In the United States, the average cost of cybercrime was $ 27.37 million in 2018.
39. In 2025, Cyber Insurance will write premiums to 20 billion US dollars globally.
40th The proportion of companies that own cyber liability insurance globally increased from 40 percent in 2011 to 75 percent in 2018.
41. According to 39 percent of the respondents in the survey, cyber incidents such as cybercrime, data breaches or IT shortcomings posed a threat to global companies by 2020.
42. In 2019, the number of data breaches in the US amounted to 1,473 with over 164.68 million sensitive items exposed.
43rd The average cost to companies that suffered a data breach in the United States was $ 8.19 million, up from $ 7.91 million the previous year in 2019.
44. In 2019, the global average cost per data breach was $ 3.92 million.
45 °. In 2018, the average annual cost of cybercrime in the United States was $ 27.37 million.
46th Japan ranks 2nd after the United States averaged $ 13.57 million in damages to affected companies per year.
47th The average cost of receivables caused by system failures was $ 1.9 million.
Funny Insurance Facts
48. Actress America Ferrera got her smile, including her teeth and gums, insured by her sponsor, Aquafresh, for $ 10,000,000.
49 The very first insurance contract was signed in 1347.
50. Gene Simmons, the bassist for the iconic 70s rock band KISS, once insured the tongue for 1,000,000 dollars.