You have worked hard to plan and book all the details of your vacation, and you should be reassured to know that you are protected at all times. This is where travel insurance comes into the picture. Are you not sure about the benefits of travel insurance, what do you get or what is covered? Explore our five travel insurance tips.
- Get insurance that matches your trip. When deciding on coverage, consider your destination. If you are heading for a low-key trip with just your spouse, you may be able to reduce some coverage. For example, if you are on an adventurous trip abroad with children, you can add additional medical benefits. In general, the bigger the trip, the more important the total insurance becomes. Think about your destination and itinerary when browsing travel insurance options.
- See if you have existing coverage. Some credit cards offer travel insurance benefits for things like lost luggage or travel delays. In the same way, some insurance companies build travel insurance into your insurance policies. At Frankenmuth Insurance, policyholders receive assistance with concierge fraud when traveling. If you lose your wallet, credit card or plane ticket, our team is here to help you.
- Check the cancellation policy. Itineraries can always be changed – especially in the wake of the pandemic. For that reason, it is important to know the cancellation policy for flights, accommodation, activities and more. Knowing what is covered and up to what percentage can give you more confidence when you book and travel.
- Stay safe in vacation rental. Buying short-term rental insurance can protect against theft, damage, cancellation and more in a rental home. Before booking a house, check the security and cleanliness features of the holiday property. Also look at online reviews to verify the safety of the area as well as the sensitivity of the values. If you own and rent a vacation home, establish fire safety plans and exit routes for your guests so that they are prepared in an emergency.
- Protect yourself and your journey. At the end of the day, any travel insurance is better than none. Give yourself time to explore options during the booking process and make sure you are protected. Having some peace of mind with proper coverage can make your upcoming vacation even more enjoyable.
With these travel insurance tips and the help of our team, you can enjoy your next trip with more confidence and less worry. Learn more about our customer benefits, including concierge fraud, today.