When you work in the wholesale industry, you juggle a lot on a daily basis. From managing the product to warehousing, moving logistics and deadlines, each part of the supply chain depends on the other to get the job done. But unfortunately, disturbances can occur. Getting the right insurance for wholesalers can minimize loss and keep you on track.
Not sure where to start? Here are the coverages to keep in mind:
Insurance for wholesalers and distributors
Wholesale and distributor insurance is designed to meet the industry's unique challenges and business insurance needs. Baseline coverage protects your building and your warehouse from fire, theft and other disasters. Standard features include:
- The physical structure of your building and its contents (warehouses, machinery, equipment, office supplies, etc.)
- Personal injury caused by employees, products or services
- Defense in the event that you are sued [1
- Commercial Auto: Do you rely on a vehicle fleet to get products from point A to point B? If so, consider adding commercial auto coverage to your policy. This extra coverage provides peace of mind for vehicle damage, property damage, medical expenses, towing costs and other unexpected risks on the road.
- Cyber and data: A machine hack, account hack or cyber blackmail event can stop operations in their tracks. As many wholesalers depend on technology to manage the flow of products, it is important to have protection against growing cyber and data threats. Pick up cyber and data coverage for increased protection and take advantage of 24/7 access to cyber experts.
- Worker compensation: With so many moving parts, accidents can occur in the workplace. Work compensation insurance covers losses from occupational injuries and illnesses that employees maintain from slips and falls, burns, back injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, dermatitis, hearing loss and more.
Protect your employees, warehouses and goods with the right insurance for wholesalers and distributors. Talk to a local, independent agent today about making your business insurance work for you.